Sign in to follow this  
Wrestling Dad

Mizzou vs Oklahoma State

Mizzou tied the #1 team at 16 after Cox wins at 197.  Tough match against a senior for ATM.  Still, shorthanded a bit Mizzou pulls some surprises and hangs right with the Cowboys until he very end.

• Upvote 2

Mizzou surprised some people last night for sure. They had a ton of energy in the room. Great dual atmosphere. BTW the duel can still be watched on the espn 3 app. You just need your cable log on info.

Very good match up to the end! I will say Austin did look much bigger and definitely very strong, but had a lot of trouble getting up from the bottme....over 5 min of riding time against him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This was a great dual. I had OSU-Iowa on the tv and Ok St-Mizzou on the computer. This was the better of the two duals, in my opinion. 

Piccinini all over Assad, gets TF. I like Assad, and Barlow needs to get his head straight, but Assad was overmatched.

Kaid has his hands full with Erneste. Great mat wrestling by both guys. I was really impressed with Erneste in the loss, Kaid is on another level though.

Heil seemed to struggle to solve Eierman's funk. In the end, experience pays for the senior vs RS frosh. If Eierman makes NCAAs he could be a tough out.

11-0 OK St after three matches.

Collica-Mayes was another barn burner in this dual. Mayes came out hot early and never let up.

Joe Smith has been a bit uneven this year. Lavallee the better wrestler gets the dec.  A very hard nosed match.

Rogers and Lewis really grinded. Lewis with last second TD to take the win. Maybe my favorite match of the dual.

Wisman brought it, shutting down Crutchmer the entire match.

OK St wins the first three, Missouri rallies back to win the next four to take a 12-11 lead.

Boyd got OK St back on track, steamrolling Lemanowicz with a TF.

This was the best I have seen J'Den. Weigel is no slouch either. I think J'Den is back to firing on all cylinders, earning the MD.

Score tied at 16 going into HWT.

Schafer is on a 7 match win streak, with bonus in the last two. His last loss was in the finals at the Scuffle. He gets bonus here over Myers.

20-16 OK St. Awesome dual. Matches split evenly at 5 apiece. OK St gets bonus in three (Missouri bonus in one), which was the difference. Missouri took all three toss up matches. This OK St team is locked an loaded with 8 guys ranked top ten. Looked like a great atmosphere. 

• Upvote 1

Great summary, Crazyotto.  With OK State ranked #1, Mizzou wrestled right with them.  I thought Joe Smith had been wrestling very well, and Lavallee really showed well in this one.  Also I agree that Cox is starting to look like a defending national champion and Olympic medalist.  I also agree that Barlow needs to get his head straight.  A great athlete but is just not wrestling smart.

Great summary.

• Upvote 1