Sign in to follow this  
wildcat2002

Missouri vs Cornell (Myers)

The Missouri tigers defeated a deflated Cornell team this afternoon 25-11. Missouri as a whole came out very aggresive and took it to the big red. Neither dean nor Cox wrestled tonight. Any word on either? Also,  Cornells very good back-up Hwt Sweeny (8-6)  narrowly shut out Austin Myers(8-9) 4-0. 

If anyone knows where we can watch this match, please post.

You can catch Missouri vs Eastern Michigan tomorrow on ESPN3.

I think that cements the fact he deserves to be where he is and proves that rankings and records are more dependent upon Who your wrestling and not wins and losses.

The backup? YOU MEAN  National Qualifier last yr hahaha scoreless first period with Austin in on 3 shots Sweeney called for stalling in second Austin doesn't escape and has to cut and go for 2 at the end and gives up 2 .very close match indeed one that he will benefit from if he keeps his offense the same .

Another National Qualifier Tomorrow from E Mich.

• Upvote 1

Sweeny was a 2x California state champion and dropped a 6-4 decision to Walz (Virginia Tech) last season. He's also 6-13 against NCAA qualifiers. I know Austin is probably his own toughest critic, but Sweeny is hardly a slouch. 

Austin keep pushing. You are representing Kentucky very well. 

I wrestled a year in college (NAIA), hardly close to the D1 grind. However, even at the level, EVERYONE is good.

• Upvote 2

I AGREE he's hardly a backup and Austin pushed the pace the first period had all the O this is a match with a little tweaking here and there or a different ref he wins .The ride in the second determined the match Sweeney called for stalling first in the second with Austin to his feet and Sweeny holding on to 1 foot  and Austin nearly finishing some shots in the first .It's all Good .

• Upvote 2

I added "very good" in front of the Cornells back up fact. You're welcome. 

Also, Old wrestler. Where did you find the records against qualifiers? I would like access to that info. 

18 minutes ago, wildcat2002 said:

I added "very good" in front of the Cornells back up fact. You're welcome. 

Also, Old wrestler. Where did you find the records against qualifiers? I would like access to that info. 

A lot of D1 teams do a really good job of updating their schools website. I checked out Cornell's roster and they have each individual's accomplishments broken down. Also, I either didn't realize/forgot that Cornell has Damian Hahn on their staff. He was a beast in college. 

Heres the link to Sweeny http://www.cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=42597

• Upvote 2

Thanks. I was hoping one of the websites kept track of everybody's stats etc. I'm aware of wrestle stats and others, but they don't go into that kind of depth.

Cornell does a better job than most with their website updtes.

• Upvote 1

And you do a pretty crappy job of trying to mask your knocks on my boy with your idiotic posts and threads .AUSTIN is facing National qualifier after national qualifier and without a doubt has faced the toughest competition ANY wrestler from KY has ever faced in College already just like he did in High School Jr High and grade School .You can't tear him down every time you post you only add to the legend he is and will become .Losses as a rs fr will only lead to wins ahead  He gets pinned twice this year and totally blasted on yet I look up some of the best heavies records from their fr yr like Walz who got pinned 6 X and he never faced the comp Austin has and actually lost to guys Austin Beat last yr and it's all good .

It scares some haters like you that he will get that A A some day and while you  knock him for some losses you also know he is doing what few could hope to do and has ups and downs but as time goes his ups will overtake his downs and the saddest thing is haters like you couldn't even dream of walking a day in his shoes let alone do anything remotely close to what he has done .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

YES WASNT TO BAD AT ALL BUT HE DID NOT WRESTLE OLYMPIC CHAMPS  OR GUYS LIKE TY WALZ .

Big Ten means nothing Really Austins schedule at Mizzou is tougher than most big 10 schools and they are ranked higher than most of them as well lol 

A lot of talk about Isaac Jordan Austin wrestled him when he was in the 5 grade lol and a whole lot of other now AAs you have no clue about this sport your an imbecile hater who has never done anything or been associated with anyone of any noteworthy accomplishment in it .haha your a message board wannabee and an expert keyboardist a novice fan of a sport in a world of sports that you could never be any part of .

• Upvote 1

You can say the big ten is nothing, but they have 8 or 9 ranked guys instead of 0. Also, the duel wins vs the mac school and wins he should get at the mac tournament would be non existent. You can talk all you want. You know it doesnt change the facts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really Hutchison is ranked 19 on flo Everard was 19 this season  and  Hutchison is 14 th ncaa rankings ,again your an idiot.

I didn't say the big ten was nothing I said it's schedules mean nothing Mizzou obviously wrestles a tougher schedule than most big 10 schools .

9 RANKED GUYS DEPENDING ON WHAT RANKINGS .DUFUS.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2017 at 4:55 PM, wildcat2002 said:

The Missouri tigers defeated a deflated Cornell team this afternoon 25-11. Missouri as a whole came out very aggresive and took it to the big red. Neither dean nor Cox wrestled tonight. Any word on either? Also,  Cornells very good back-up Hwt Sweeny (8-6)  narrowly shut out Austin Myers(8-9) 4-0

If anyone knows where we can watch this match, please post.

You can catch Missouri vs Eastern Michigan tomorrow on ESPN3.

I think that cements the fact he deserves to be where he is and proves that rankings and records are more dependent upon Who your wrestling and not wins and losses.

With the exception of the highlighted comment.  This is good info on a KY grad. 

Not sure why you have to continue poking the bear to get a negative response (which you get and deserve).  If you want to contribute that is fine but no need to backhand someone in the process.  It's getting old. 

The only reason I don't delete the posts is because it gives some info.  The reason I don't edit your negative responses is because I am not on here enough to catch them before they have been read by most. 

How else should I say that the Cornell back up beat Austin Myers 4-0.? Last time I checked I'm not attacking him personally or name calling.

Before I make the post about EMU. Tell me how I should say Austin Myers (8-10) lost 4-0.

Also, if you have espn3 app you can catch multiple Missouri matchs.

Thanks for the help.

This would have been a good post.  (geesh giving post 101 to an adult)

The Missouri Tigers defeated Cornell last night 25-11.  Our own Austin Myers (8-9) lost a tough one 4-0. Ect. Ect. 

Don't have ESPN3 nor a phone that has apps, I also don't follow college wrestling.  I just check in on some of the KY boys every once in a while. But thanks anyway. 

1 hour ago, wildcat2002 said:

How else should I say that the Cornell back up beat Austin Myers 4-0.? Last time I checked I'm not attacking him personally or name calling.

Before I make the post about EMU. Tell me how I should say Austin Myers (8-10) lost 4-0.

Also, if you have espn3 app you can catch multiple Missouri matchs.

Thanks for the help.

and by the by this can be considered a personal attack. 

Personal attack for posting a ky college wrestling score on a college wrestling board? Hahaha you should probably just shut it down if that's a personal attack to you.

You don't see any relevance in posting that Sweeny is Cornell back up? I'm sure you have correct massive when he brings up that missourI had back ups take losses.

Should we make a rule where we only talk abut ky wrestlers if they win?

Craig Scott (Cornell) had to default out of the Scuffle due to injury which likely means we will see Jeramy Sweany for the Big Red. Sweany has not been able to handle strong competition recently, but he’ll have someone much more his speed in this one. Austin Myers (Missouri) was a big-time recruit coming out of high school but, after a redshirt year at West Virginia, he has yet to turn his potential into results. He comes in with an 8-8 record. This is a chance for a pair of heavyweights that need a win to get one. If Cornell can hang close enough to make this match decide the dual, they have a chance to steal it.

Write up from

http://news.theopenmat.com/college-wrestling-news/7-missouri-looks-bounce-back-travel-10-cornell/61182

• Upvote 2

Well his potential is that of a rs freshman lol facing a National Qualifier from last year in super tight match 2 days after beating the MAC championship runner up from last yr and another Nationally ranked guy at the Scuffle .

And they didn't hang 285 is almost always last so of course a lot of teams will try to hang close and beat a fr heavy dumbass.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

.....again your an idiot.

I didn't say the big ten was nothing I said it's schedules mean nothing Mizzou obviously wrestles a tougher schedule than most big 10 schools .

9 RANKED GUYS DEPENDING ON WHAT RANKINGS .DUFUS.

Check this out. A post using facts and no childish name calling. Mizzou does wrestle a decent schedule, by no means is it on par with B1G Ten. Not saying the program is not on par, just the schedule. Obviously a Top 10 team would be a good fit. Probably 3rd in a great year, and 5th/6th in a good year. Mizzou does lock horns with OK State, Ohio St, Va Tech, Northern Iowa, and Cornell. Five schools ranked inside Intermat Top 25 dual teams. By comparison: Ohio State and Penn St see 9 top teams, Iowa matches up with 8. Two of the weakest in the B1G Ten, Mich St and Indiana see 10 and 6 top teams respectively. Maryland has 8 duals vs top teams, and Northwestern, 5. I could go through the rest of the B1G Ten, but my point is made here. Their conference championship is brutal. By far the toughest conference, some of the weights at this tournament are equivalent to NCAA qtrs. Mizzou schedule matches up with Indiana and Northwestern. 

With this said, when the Big 12 was breaking up I was hopeful that Missouri would join the B1G Ten, solely for the strength of their wrestling program. So, don't take this as a knock on the Tigers. 

• Upvote 1

.Mizzou wrestles okl state #1 Ohio St top 5 AND AT POINTS OF THE YEAR ARE TOP 5 THEMSELVES ALONG WITH Okl Cornell  and numerous other top 20 ranked teams .No their conference championship is not as rough not as many teams but far less bids .

You trying to doubt or cast doubt on my son's schedule lol you better check it there's more ranked guys or qualifiers than not .

Including 1 and 3 right of the bat sorry but no most schools in the big ten do not have as tough a schedule as I said.

And they get more bids than they deserve at every weight .

46 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

.Mizzou wrestles okl state #1 Ohio St top 5 AND AT POINTS OF THE YEAR ARE TOP 5 THEMSELVES ALONG WITH Okl Cornell  and numerous other top 20 ranked teams .No their conference championship is not as rough not as many teams but far less bids .

You trying to doubt or cast doubt on my son's schedule lol you better check it there's more ranked guys or qualifiers than not .

Including 1 and 3 right of the bat sorry but no most schools in the big ten do not have as tough a schedule as I said.

Yeah, I listed the teams Mizzou faced..............that pesky reading comprehension thing. Anybody else shocked at the reply? No? Didn't think so. No room for facts with this guy. When facts get in the way, the weak revert to name calling. Five top ranked teams is what Mizzou has. That is fewer than Indiana. Indiana is a basement dweller in the B1G Ten. Mich State, another basement dweller sees ten top teams. Ten is twice as many as five. So, Mich St sees twice as many top teams as Missouri. I never mentioned your son, you did.  Again, Mizzou is a great program. To say their schedule is better than most B1G Ten teams is inaccurate. That is all. 

• Upvote 1

Again, you have no clue how allocations work. They get that many because they deserve them by rankings. Mac is far behind most weights, especially hwt. Facts are facts. I guess you will see around tournament time when the podium is full of big ten wrestlers. You're embarrassing yourself. 

Try to set a better example for your sons and stop the message board nutcase routine. 

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2016-02-25/di-wrestling-qualifier-allocations-coaches-rankings-and-rp

If you can think of a better way to pick the top 33 of 77, write the NCAA.

Per Intermat, these are the top rankings at each weight:

125: 10th

133: 10th

141: 10th

149: 4th (also a 6th and 8th). B1G Ten is 1st, 2nd, 5th (though Micah J is on fire right now), 14th, 15th A B10 MAC bracket would be worth it on its own!

157: 7th

165: 7th

174: 11th

184: 9th

197: 1st

HWT: 14th

As these rankings show, the MAC as a whole is projected to place a total of six wrestlers. There are a total of 80 AAs, and the MAC takes six. I don't understand the need to name call. If someone can back up the MAC as a premier wrestling conference using facts, I am willing to listen. As these rankings stand, I see no need to increase MAC allocations. Many of those ranked come from one school.....Missouri. One team does not make a conference. 

• Upvote 1