Sign in to follow this  
hawkeyeof old

Does anyone know how many of our Srs are getting looked at by colleges?

I was wondering how many of our kid's were getting looked at by any colleges since K rushell and the other kid's that have gone to futher their education and wrestle are doing good at it. just wanted to know if it has encouraged more college coaches to check out our young men?

I think and hope your wrong about that i know two college coach's personaly and i know they are looking at our boy's after seeing what we as state have sent off tocollege SO' you Sr. keep busting your butt's it could make a big differance in your life

I think there are a few D1 prospects out there, but I can tell you from experience, most D1 coaches are not going to be knocking down doors to get here first.  How many DYou must make a statement, initiate contacts, send films (against highly touted individuals, preferrably out of state) not the schlep down the road.  Ruschell would have been overlooked by all of the big D1 schools except IU, if he had not gone to the Beast of the East or the Senior Nationals.  Sr. Nationals was really the icing on the cake. 

Sorry I was in the middle of a sentence and hit the wrong button.  How many D1 coaches have you seen at the state tournament in the last 5 years?  0, how many have you seen come to the big tournaments? 0.  Put it this way, the Beast of the East had about 50% of the D1 coaches there, same or more at Sr. nationals.  Not to mention all of the other Divisions.  However, since the grand appearance of Ruschell and Murton at tournaments like this, Hawkeye is right, I also know a few coaches keeping a close eye on some guys down here. 

Suggestions, don't be a knuckle head,("Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  the higher the grades and test scores, the better the opp and less the schools will have to invest.  Make initial contact, send film, train for Major tourn. like the Ironman, Beast, HS nationals, USA FS/Gr nationals and place.

Last but not least, find your place, not everyone belongs at D1.  There are great programs at all levels including the 2 here in the bluegrass.  HS nationals sets up a college fair for wrestlers to go and meet the coaches, probably several hundred coaches from around the U.S. are there looking for those special 2 or 3 guys each year, especially ones that aren't being heavily recruited.  A Diamond in the Rough you might say.  Sell yourself and Good luck

Simple......demostrate that you can WIN!  Not only beat people in your state, but people from all 50 states.

If you wrestling at Fargo (nationals) the last two rounds every major college coach is there.  This is where the best wrestlers in the country are, therefore the college coaches are there.

Kentucky is not a very accepted state known for wrestling, so you have a strike against you.  Therefore you must go to national tournaments and demonstrate that you can WIN.

In college there are 10 weight classes.............I believe only 9 scholarships are available at the div. one level......and talking to college coaches (since title 9) they can have a certain amount of walkons.

So in the state of kentucky how many wrestlers are being looked at for college, depends on what level!

Off the top of my head Div. one............none.

How many went to Fargo...Team Kentucky. (4 ?)

I am the assistant coach at The Universtiy of the Cumberlands but I help out with the Whitley County program as much as possible and I will be at the Bourbon Bash this weekend doing some recruiting and coaching hope to see some good wrestling there.

You dont have to go to a D1 school to be a good wrestler. We have some one called Brad Cooper from right here in this state and he has not lost a D1 guy in a long time, so what does that say about NAIA or D11/D111.

If you are willing to wrestle in college and have good grades then you can wrestle in college no matter what your high school credentials are.