Sign in to follow this  
EAST

Tristan Ballinger Fund Raiser

For those that haven't heard Tristan Ballinger who wrestles for OC high school has suffered head trauma in a freak accident. Currently he is in ICU progressing slowly.

Tristan has been wrestling since third grade, he's represented KY at the middle nationals in Danville Illinois. Recently he competed in the All Star classic tournament winning the 110 weight class. This young man has done a great job representing our state. 

Now he and his family need our help. I've received several calls from coaches asking how they can help.

Well this is it the proceeds from tournament will help the family greatly for a long road ahead. 

Please get as many wrestlers as you can to this event.  Elementary/ Middle School

TB_v08.jpg

Not sure about an address but here is an option:

In addition to this event, there is also a "gofundme" page that you can visit if you would like to make a contribution to help support the family.  I have added this link below as well.  On behalf of the Ballinger family, we thank you for any support you are able to provide and most importantly, ask that you keep Tristan and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

https://dm2.gofund.me/healing-prayers-for-tristan

Raider wrestling is looking to bring 20 wrestlers from youth and Middle school. Are they still having JV high schoolers too? This is a great idea to raise money for one of our own. We as a wrestling community need to support our own. It has to be hard having your best friend laying in a hospital bed completely changed from what he was yesterday. Then to have to figure away to miss all that work, be there for your family and Pray to God you can make these new ends meet. Mike and his family have a long hard road ahead. The least we can do is dig deep and help. Could you imagine if everyone in our wrestling community gave $5 toward the Go Fund Me account, they'd have over $5000 in a day!! God Bless You Randy Wheeler for stepping up as his youth/MS coach and family friend!

Coaches,

This is not a takedown tournament.  I have received many questions about that.  Although that was the plan originally, we thought wrestlers and coaches would prefer a regular event.  In my haste to get this information out, I didn't think to change the name on the flyer.  For those youth coaches that have attended our youth tournament in the past, nothing has really changed in the format of this event other than adding the middle school level in the afternoon and that all proceeds will be going back to the Ballinger family.  For coaches looking to enter their wrestlers, please use the following excel sheet and email your entries to Tyler Baines.  This needs to be done prior to Sunday so that pools can be created ahead of time and we can get started on time.  Entry fees can be turned in the morning of the event.

Thanks,

Coach Riordan

Oldham Wrestling

Copy of Sample Roster.xls

Are there any updates on Tristan. My son who is a wrestler and does not know him has been praying and crying for him. Would love to hear some good news. God bless