Sign in to follow this  
Coach Donnelly

Elkhorn "Pitman" Duals 11/26

Looks like some great competition again this year for 9th Annual Elkhorn "Pitman" Duals. We had some late drops but were lucky enough to fill spots with a tough Indiana team. There will be 16 teams, 4 pods, round-robin duals, with each team getting 5 matches. Lets hear some predictions. 

Anderson County 

Bondurant 

Campbell County 

Elkhorn/Franklin

Indiana Outlaws Gold

Indiana Outlaws Silver

McCreary County 

Newport 

River City 

South Oldham 

Summit View 

Twenhofel 

Twenhofel Blue

Walton Verona 

Woodland

Woodford

I think we see both Indiana teams in the gold pool if they brought their A teams.  Also see  Walton and either Twenhofel or Woodford in the gold pool.  That is if the Outlaws have 2 full line ups.  They are also listed at Elder today.  I like Walton to win it all.  They will score to many bonus points in the lower weights and they have some solid kids at a few of the other weights.   It would be nice to see some results.

• Upvote 1

Historically, this has always been a really good early season duals tournament. Always very well ran with top notch competition. I look forward to seeing the results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Coach Donnelly.  Great tourney as it is every year.  Ran very well and out after five duals with the sun still up.  I don't see anyone in KY beating a very solid IN Outlaws Gold team.  Solid top to bottom even without one of our kids in the lineup.  We threw everything we could at them. 

Jon Eschan

I think We as Kentucky could put together a team that could beat the outlaws. If you take VW Ryle and Union throw in Tom Carter we beat them. Their not a school team or even from the same area so yeah our best against them and we win

Maybe so and I like your idea, however, it was the team they put on the mat and they won.  I take nothing away from them.  With that said, if you or anyone else for that matter, would like to put a travel club team together outside of the season, I'm sure our hammers from WV would love the compete on it.

My son is not at that level , yet. We're still working hard though. I've always thought KY has had great wrestlers just can't get them all together at once.  It would have been nice a few years ago Meyer bros Cooper Fauz Ervin Boston