Sign in to follow this  
Highcrotch

lonsome results

103-elliot martin(seneca) over taylor south(north oldham)

112-some seneca kid

119-andre zeppa(north oldham) over john chiu (seneca)

125-dan fuller(seneca) over prp

130- some lafiette kid

135-ben warner(oldham county) over seneca

not to sure bout the rest left like after these matches

I went lonesome today and there where some really good matches  little martin looked good but he will have to take it to the next level to go undafeated this season. and andreas zeppa looks like he is very hungery for agreat year. And ben warner is abeast and i think will be aforce to rekon with no matter who he wrestles. Ithink he wrestled three matches for a total of 7min. 42sec  with two pins and a 13-0 good old faction but kicking of Z Poulin from senca in the finals and was name MOW. J young once again wrestled great to win

As a Lafayette parent, I was proud of all of our guys and their performance.

For my money, Zeppa at 119 from NO was the MOW - wrestling up a weight against the best - and then winning - hat's off!!!

I was disappointed to see multiple punches (disguised as crossfaces) thrown in a couple matches - 103 and 215 matches - I hope refs get serious about preventing this inappropriate behavior. When one parent shouted to the ref that a kid was punching, the parent was thrown out!!!!  I'm sure ref-ing is tough and he may have misunderstood what was said, but that ref definitely made a major boo-boo in throwing out a parent without sufficient cause!

I thought the officiating was good.  I saw the parent get kicked out in the 215 lb. final.  Not sure what was said though so I cant comment on it.  But other than that I think the refs did a very good job.  215 was hands down the best finals match, both guys wrestled great and should be proud of themselves.  Looking forward to seeing that rematch throughout the season.  And Andre knocking off Chui was unexpected but very impressive.  All and all the tournament was pretty good.

Guest wrestler92

The parent wasnt yelling from cross faces, i beilieve it was from believing the opponent was stalling.  the parent should not have been matside or yelling at the ref.  the parents job is to encourage the kids, not berate the ref.  the ref should have thrown him out, unfortunately the coach didnt stop the parent like he should have and is REQUIRED  to. 

Guest cmccoy

As the coach, the parent did nothing wrong. If it was out of hand I would have stopped it. Thank you for your COMMENT wrestler92.

Team wise PRP placed 4th this year.  Good tournament for Ridge this year.  This team has improved from week to week.  Horsepower Inv is next. 

PRP placers

112-Reichmuth 2nd

119-Colston 4th

125-Mills 2nd (Strong effort even in the last secounds scoring a rev was nice to see)

130-Sauer 2nd

135-Phillips 4th (nice win over Laf Allman to get to 3rd place match)

160-Choate-1st (tech pin)

all the finals were really good but by far one of the best i saw was the zeppa chui match at 119 and the young match at 285

The parent wasn't yelling from cross faces, i believe it was from believing the opponent was stalling.

Incorrect. It was about the cross faces, not stalling.

The parent should not have been matside or yelling at the ref.

He's a ref, he's going to get yelled at. If you're a ref, you know people are going to yell at you even if you make every single call 100% correct. There was about 100 different people matside for the finals and they weren't just wrestlers. Should they have been matside? Probably not.

The parents job is to encourage the kids, not berate the ref.

I believe he was worried about the safety of the wrestler. I don't feel like anything was said to berate the ref and the parent did not show any anger. He got up and left without question or argument and didn't have to be told twice.

I think that's enough said about the incident.

i think that in finals parents shouldn't be able to be mat side it is kind of a distraction and if they try to coach it interferes with the coaches only people that should be able to be mat side should be wrestlers coaches and managers

Guest wrestler92

Incorrect. It was about the cross faces, not stalling.

He's a ref, he's going to get yelled at. If you're a ref, you know people are going to yell at you even if you make every single call 100% correct. There was about 100 different people matside for the finals and they weren't just wrestlers. Should they have been matside? Probably not.

I believe he was worried about the safety of the wrestler. I don't feel like anything was said to berate the ref and the parent did not show any anger. He got up and left without question or argument and didn't have to be told twice.

I think that's enough said about the incident.

I am a referee and am used to some yelling however, it is getting worse every year in every sport as is evident from parents high expectations of their kids and the increasing amount of conflicts with parents and referee's in every sport.  The worst part about the whole thing is I heard it did continue out into the parking lot and could have gotten even worse, but thankfully ended there.  When I coach I don't allow parents to be mat/court/field side for this exact reason, they are to be in the stands and I wish all tournament directors made fans and wrestlers stay in the stands for the finals so that all people could enjoy it fully. 

i do agree that it is getting worse i just hope we can get it under control before all the things that happen at pro sporting events happen at a tournament because it would be horrible to have to have cops there in case of fans throwing stuff on the mat

One persons opinion here but I think that the refs at the LIT did a very good job.  No one is perfect, these guys are out there calling it how they see it and everyone has their own thoughts on the way things happened during each match. The bottom line is they are on the mat while a lot of us are in the stands.(or should be anyway)  Who do think is going to have the better view of things.  You couldn't pay me enough to be a ref because I see every match what they go through.  Don't get me wrong I have coached matches where I thought that some calls were blown by inexperienced refs but rather than run them off from wrestling all together I try to talk with these guys and explain what I see and ask how they saw it.  Hopefully by the end of it all one of us has learned something.  But as I said these refs this weekend get no complaints from me.  Just one opinion.  Keep up the good work.

Guest cmccoy

This whole thing is beign blown out of proprtion by one person...wrestler92. I was the coach involved and it was stopped in the gym. Nothing went into the parking lot. Listen, I do not like to get on here and post unless it is for information purposes that will help wrestling. Wrestler92, it is over, let it die and please stop talking about what you hear and start talking about what you know.

Guest wrestler92

I do agree that the refs did a fine  job this weekend it is hard work and they are hardly ever thanked for what they do....i just wish we had some more preseason work that we could go through to get ready for the season.  There really aren't many chances before the season starts, but all you can do is do the best you can and keep trying.