Sign in to follow this  
mac00135

Derek Miller...former Tilghman wrestler

Derek Miller who placed 4th and 8th during his sophomore and junior years at Tilghman is now a senior and wrestling for Clay high school in Florida. He won his region Saturday heading into this weekend's state tournament by defeating a returning state champion and the #1 ranked wrestler in his weight class. Miller is/was ranked #3. Just an FYI and update on a former Kentucky boy.

• Upvote 1

He pinned his way to the finals and won the regional* title 4-2 in over time the Kentucky boy showed out..

43 minutes ago, tja said:

He pinned his way to the finals and won the State title 4-2 in over time the Kentucky boy showed out..

It was the region title...State is this weekend

11 hours ago, mac00135 said:

It was the region title...State is this weekend

This made me laugh harder than i did all day! Lol. Win a title derek!

• Upvote 1

Derek Miller has reached the semifinals at the FHSAA state championships. He will wrestle to make the finals in the morning. Way to go Derek!

• Upvote 2

I think that makes three move outs that have made the finals the last couple years... Congrats Derek former region 1 beast..

On March 6, 2016 at 11:31 PM, NatureBoy said:

Lol he won 11 to 4 that's a big win .

That made ME laugh harder than I did all month !congrats 

Why'd it make you laugh so hard?

Because you won by a bigger margin than most KY.Kids trust me it was a compliment to you and a bit of a knock on those trying to knock you .

CONGRATS .

• Upvote 1

I remember after your freshman year I told a couple people you would win a state title one day. Never predicted it would end up coming out of state though. I always love watching Kentucky kids dominate elsewhere, especially states like Florida where i have experienced disparaging remarks about Kentucky wrestling.

4 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Because you won by a bigger margin than most KY.Kids trust me it was a compliment to you and a bit of a knock on those trying to knock you .

CONGRATS .

Thank you I worked really hard all summer and season

3 hours ago, FalconWrestling said:

I remember after your freshman year I told a couple people you would win a state title one day. Never predicted it would end up coming out of state though. I always love watching Kentucky kids dominate elsewhere, especially states like Florida where i have experienced disparaging remarks about Kentucky wrestling.

Well the school I was at just wasn't a "great" program and I finally saw and became apart of one and we finished second behind a nationally ranked team qualified 12 guys and placed 10 

1 hour ago, Dmiller__ said:

Well the school I was at just wasn't a "great" program and I finally saw and became apart of one and we finished second behind a nationally ranked team qualified 12 guys and placed 10 

I wanna congradualte you on your win. Outstanding. Love to stick it to other states that down grade these ky boys. We can roll with the best too.

On a separate note lets keep in mind you make your own destiny in wrestling. You dont need an outstanding team. Sure iy helps. Its contagious to watch studs battle everyday. But its always possible to find extra training. I think the perfect example of this would be BRANDON REED from Iroquois. He isnt given all of the opportunities of great training like everyone but he fully takes advantage of the ones that he has and pushes himself. I know i ventured off topic a bit it just came to mind when talking about a great team. Brandon should be an inspiration to others that you take all you can get and not take anything for granted. Congrats on a nice career so far brandon and i hope i myself can learn from you.

Derek once again. Way to go bud. Good luck at the next level!