Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Tates Creek Invitational

Jan 2nd

Woodford, Male, Ryle, Cooper, Henry Clay, Larue, Madison Central,  Madison Southern,  Anderson co, Bourbon co,  Tates Creek, Western Hills, Scott Co, Bryan Station, Ashland, Franklin co, Holmes. 

Decided against trackwrestling after Lafayette had it go down. Should be a great tournament.  

• Upvote 1

I think woodford is a clear favorite for 1st, but after that will be a great race. Mad cent, male, cooper, Henry clay, and Larue will be battling it out for 2- 6 in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, PinAndWin said:

Why not use track?  Looks like its already set up.

The Lafayette Tournament had to run their tournament by hand after a long delay because track wrestling went down. Track wrestling is the absolute worst wrestling software in terms of user friendliness. It's really a shame that they've cornered the market as there are much better options. Regardless of how this tournament is being run Coach Teater does a great job with it. The potential match ups look great. The champion this year is getting an awesome banner. Good luck to all who compete. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like a good tournament. I think Madison Central if they are healthy and have a full lineup will challenge. They have a few studs and are solid from 106-285. Henry Clay also looks nice this year as well.

Seeding is complete. Coach Parks, Coach Critchfield, Coach Case, and Myself did them tonight. Id like to thank them for their help. Seeds will not change unless there are wrestlers that drop out before tomorrow. We went off what info the coaches sent in and I also spent several hours looking through results on trackwrestling this week to help do the best we could. With that being said, there was some tough weight classes to seed. This should be a very deep and tough tournament at many weights.

Weight-       1       2        3        4

106- Miller, Yost, Brossart, Spicer

113-Tucker,Miller,Deck,Hite

120- Hurst, Metcalf, Gadd, Steelman

126- McManus, Soper, Rone, Borchers

132- Roberts, Monroe, Wyatt, Keeney

138- Erdman, Lawrence, Garcia, Whalen

145-Huston, Fallon, Morrison, O.Eqal

152- Kidwell, Glover, Barber, E. Eqal

160- Andreoni, Scribano, Cannon, Blankenship

170- Morrow, Hille, Eldridge, Valentine

182- Steven, Mayes, Varble, Bailey

195-Bernabe, Kruegar, Karl Irving, Boyles

220- Chandler, Aikhary, Martinez(TC), Bailey

285- Mendes, Williams, Hernandez, Couch

Wrestling starts at 930am, Look forward to a great tournament

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PinAndWin said:

Weren't they originally going to your tournament?

No. They had j.v. in past years, but with the competition level I'm wanting to achieve,  we decided against entry of j.v. teams. They were invited, but they had already been committed to Simon Kenton , which they have went to for probably the last 4 or 5 yrs. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, wrestlefever said:

Looks like a good tournament. I think Madison Central if they are healthy and have a full lineup will challenge. They have a few studs and are solid from 106-285. Henry Clay also looks nice this year as well.

I do agree Madison Central can challenge as well. I told many before this year that they are well under rated and I think they could be region champions this year. Coach Watts has them looking like his old Dunbar teams. Plus those kids have wrestled a long time now, coming up under coach Wolf from when he started with youth wrestling down there. 

18 minutes ago, PinAndWin said:

Weren't they originally going to your tournament?

Dad...I mean PinAndWin, I guess you'll have to wait on that matchup with AV a little longer!!!:P;):D

13 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

No Brown vs Roberts?!? What 

out, but so were others. Im sure wrestling at gmvwa was a grind. Taking 2nd there is probably harder then winning almost any tournament here