Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

Nathan Boston

Anybody know what's going on with Nathan Boston? I know he beat Larson soundly in their wrestle off and then took a close 1 point loss to Joey Dance. I heard he was sick the following meet, but I was hoping to see him back for the dual against Iowa. I think he would have gave Gilman a much better match than Larson did. Then, once again I was disappointed this weekend when he wasn't at the Cliff Keen Inv. I look forward to seeing him on the mat.

didn't wrestle at all at Virginia Duals. (iowa st upset VaTech to win it)  I have no info but my guess is he can't make weight.  he's a better wrestler than Larson but can't touch Hall at 133. hope he gets it figured out before next month or its a lost season of eligibility.  Hall is a senior maybe he can go 133 next year

Not so sure about the Hall comment. Go to Flo and search "Boston Hall" or "is Nathan Boston the next big thing" and you will see a short video of some live wrestling that may change your mind. 

On 1/17/2016, 5:56:08, Nike Man said:

Not so sure about the Hall comment. Go to Flo and search "Boston Hall" or "is Nathan Boston the next big thing" and you will see a short video of some live wrestling that may change your mind. 

I've watched plenty of both of them.  I stand firm he can't beat Hall in a wrestle off.  Boston is a stud and will likely still have a very good career at ISU. No question his RS Fresh year is not going as well as he and the ISU staff had hoped. Maybe that knee injury from last year is lingering. I really have no idea.

But Jackson has studs from Michigan coming in the 2016 class in Storr and Parker. And they are 125/133 pounders most likely.  Boston needs to step it up NOW.

I saw that. Heil is a monster and only losing 5-0 is pretty damn good.  Wish Nathan would've gone 141 against OU and been matched up with Blackwell.  When was last time 2 KY kids met in a D-1 match???  

52 minutes ago, tja said:

I assume he goes 133 next year since hall is a senior ?

I think that's a safe bet. Will have to fend off some highly ranked freshman but they will redshirt and the spot will be Boston's.

Looks like Nathan will be the starting 141 for Iowa State for the remainder of the season. A good call for Kevin Jackson if you ask me. It's been a tough start with Nathan hitting 2 ranked 141s out of the gate. Looks like he will hit one more tomorrow. You can't ask for better experience though.