Sign in to follow this  
Shady-Shady-Shady

OPC Weight Control Results.

Well I thought i would get the Topic started on initial weight input in OPC. It has been very quiet on the forums lately and I fully understand why. Hoping this will get some discussions going!

Anyways after reviewing some of the Team inputs in OPC, I was extremely surprised to see so such weight changes from last year. Some wrestlers grew in size and a lot “shrunk”. It is kind of funny when you compare last year with this year. I sure hope KHSAA also takes notes on these inputs and tracks them very closely.

I know 1 in particular that dropped from 145 to 132. At first you would think what the heck, but if you look closer you would see. This guy missed being able to go 132 last yr by .2 I believe, then he couldn't beat the 138, so wrestled 145. Now he assessed and is able to go 132 that he barely missed last year. That just 1 situation . 

My son was in the same boat, missed being able to wrestle at 128 by .2 and had to wrestle at 134.  Even though he weighs 129 at weigh ins for the last few weeks.  That was after eating dinner the night before and breakfast prior to weighing in.  We knew that he would not be able to wrestle at 128, so he certainly was not trying to cut weight.

Shouldn't there be/Isn't there a method for those in that .2 to .5 category to challenge the BMI/OPC results? At .2 from being able to go down, the margin of error in the testing procedure would come in to play. Not wanting to thread jack...just asking what steps there are out there.

A wrestler wishing to appeal has 2 weeks from from weight assessment to do so and must complete hydrostatic testing. This is on the khsaa weight assessment rules