Sign in to follow this  
Sandman

over rated/under rated your opinion

so basically you all state some of the wrestlers that you think are getting way more credit then they deserve or are not getting enough

for ex.

Antonio Zeppa- i believe won all of his matches but were all very close.(win over 2nd year Shoulders in triple over time and win over 2nd year wrestler stephen norberry by 1 with a last second scramble)

Hitchings- dont get me wrong hes a good wrestler but no 3rd ranked wrestler at 152 i believe he still has a way to go until hes there

brian daniels- watch out for this kid i expect him to be going somewhere this year along with the rest of wayne county

dustin brown- hes still debating on wether to go 35 or 25 but is definately top 10 in either weight class

senaca- a descent overall team but will not be top five.senaca is an excellant team in the beginning 6 weight classes but fades off from there

i didn't want to mention it but since you brought it up i think hitchings is not as good as people think he is. i think that in time when he finds competition that people will see how well he is. dusty brown is way underated he was looking top notch at the superduals.

i didn't want to mention it but since you brought it up i think hitchings is not as good as people think he is. i think that in time when he finds competition that people will see how well he is. dusty brown is way underated he was looking top notch at the superduals.

i believe your right hitchings is a pretty good wrestle but does have a way to go until hes top 3 in state and as for dusty brown he looked pretty good yesterday with his slide by's this will be an interesting year for dusty brown and the rest of simon kenton

Dusty Brown - no disrespect to Dusty, he is a good wrestler, but to say he is definitely a top 10 guy at any weight between 125 and 135 is a little overboard.  He was barely a top 10 guy at 119 last season.  So to jump up 2 or 3 weights and easily move up is not a given.  It's not like he has bulked up.  But when he beats those guys that are ranked I'll be happy to recognize it.

Hitchings is a young tough kid that is only going to get better the more varsity experience he gets.  To the best of my knowledge he has wrestled pretty well in the offseason and early season against any competition he has seen.  Again, when/if he falters or the others step up I will be one of the first to recognize it and make changes.

Dusty Brown - no disrespect to Dusty, he is a good wrestler, but to say he is definitely a top 10 guy at any weight between 125 and 135 is a little overboard.  He was barely a top 10 guy at 119 last season.  So to jump up 2 or 3 weights and easily move up is not a given.  It's not like he has bulked up.  But when he beats those guys that are ranked I'll be happy to recognize it.

Hitchings is a young tough kid that is only going to get better the more varsity experience he gets.  To the best of my knowledge he has wrestled pretty well in the offseason and early season against any competition he has seen.  Again, when/if he falters or the others step up I will be one of the first to recognize it and make changes.

well in the super duals dusty beat 6th blake Kraft 8-6 even with the ref against him and had him pinned at the end. although i agree with you that it would be a little overboard and that dusty hasnt balked up to much the dusty still has not gotten into full shape and 135 minus the top 4 or so spots will be a placer this year and idk about 125 i just know thats what his test allows him to make.

ok Mr.HItchings whatever you say

ok Mr.HItchings whatever you say

Actually, I do know Mark Hitchings, and he would not get on here to talk over-hype his son.  I've seen the kid wrestle for the last 5 years and he only gets better every time I see him.  I'm sure he will be pushed hard over at Trinity and will be a force.  Ask John Wolsiefer.  The wrestled at the scrimmage and Brad gave him a respectable match.  That's more than most experienced juniors and seniors will say this season.

Sandman colonel 130, and jj thanks for the kind words, it doesnt really matter to me what ranger123 thinks i really dont care if he ever puts my name up in the rankings ever again as far as im concerned he can rank me dead last in the 48 pound elementary weight class i have one goal in mind and ranger's rankings have no outcome on that goal

alright so i went a little overboard on the whole mr hitchings thing, but you do have to  admit that you are fern creek and trinity bias, and your rankings show it and dont get me wrong i believe that hitchings will be a state champ once if not twice.

alright so i went a little overboard on the whole mr hitchings thing, but you do have to  admit that you are fern creek and trinity bias, and your rankings show it and dont get me wrong i believe that hitchings will be a state champ once if not twice.

Nope, sorry, I won't admit to having a Fern Creek or Trinity bias.  Actually, back to my wrestling days, Trinity is one team that I couldn't stand.  Yes, I do have some friends in the Fern Creek program, but that doesn't affect what I'm doing here.  My goal is to be as accurate as possible.  If all I do is put friends and relatives at the top then no one will pay any attention to what I'm doing.  So, believe it or not, I am trying to be as objective as possible.  But maybe I have just received more input from those teams in the offseason and preseason.  I am open to your input as well, so tell me.

Actually, I do know Mark Hitchings, and he would not get on here to talk over-hype his son.  I've seen the kid wrestle for the last 5 years and he only gets better every time I see him.  I'm sure he will be pushed hard over at Trinity and will be a force.  Ask John Wolsiefer.  The wrestled at the scrimmage and Brad gave him a respectable match.  That's more than most experienced juniors and seniors will say this season.

mark hitchings is my former coach an still a close person to me, and he never brags on brad in fact he thinks brad is ranked to high for the start of his freshman year but brad is also a close friend of mine and opponent at the same time, i juss wrestled brad saturday he is a extremely good wrestle for his age and will improve only with time i do believe he willplace at least top 4 this year and the rankings are accurate were he is at...he didnt exactly give johnny a hard time but did put a more a fight than most juniors and seniors ever do

I think whay you need to look at is who else would you put above Hitchings?  This is not one of the toughest wt. classes in the state.

Lar Co  Patrick Banks  12

Mc Cen  Randall Stevens  12

Tri  Brad Hitchings  9

Hol  John Golsby  12

Way Co  Tim Winchester  11

Wood Co  Blake Sheehan  11

Bull Cen  Jeremiah Walls  10

Har Co  Corey Ward  12

Ohio Co  Josh Ringkor  12

Hend Co  Michael Helsley  10

Chr Co  Cory Armstrong  11

Con  Ryan Dillon  11

PD  Josh Drake  11

Mon Co  Austin Cincotta

Des  Kevin Snyder

FC  Cody Mann

Cam Co  Brandon Dennison  11

And Co  Kevin White  12

JC  Brady Hamilton

Old Co  John Valenzuela-Parley

Sandman colonel 130, and jj thanks for the kind words, it doesnt really matter to me what ranger123 thinks i really dont care if he ever puts my name up in the rankings ever again as far as im concerned he can rank me dead last in the 48 pound elementary weight class i have one goal in mind and ranger's rankings have no outcome on that goal

I agree with you Dusty.  And since you are new to this forum (I think) I'll give you a brief update.  These rankings are done only to spark interest and discussion about wrestling across the state.  I admit that they are meaningless once 2 wrestlers step on the mat.  They are only one man's humble opinion, although I do get a ton of input from across the state.  So go out and prove me wrong.  That just means that wrestling is just getting better in KY.

I think whay you need to look at is who else would you put above Hitchings?  This is not one of the toughest wt. classes in the state.

Lar Co   Patrick Banks  12

Mc Cen   Randall Stevens  12

Tri   Brad Hitchings  9

Hol   John Golsby  12

Way Co   Tim Winchester  11

Wood Co   Blake Sheehan  11

Bull Cen   Jeremiah Walls  10

Har Co   Corey Ward  12

Ohio Co   Josh Ringkor  12

Hend Co   Michael Helsley  10

Chr Co   Cory Armstrong  11

Con   Ryan Dillon  11

PD   Josh Drake  11

Mon Co   Austin Cincotta

Des   Kevin Snyder

FC   Cody Mann

Cam Co   Brandon Dennison  11

And Co   Kevin White  12

JC   Brady Hamilton

Old Co   John Valenzuela-Parley

I cannot name anyone specific to put above him because I usually don't wrestle at tournaments Trinity is at and see who can beat him. It's just when I wrestled him he was just a very sloppy wrestler. But I don't know how he's improved since the last time we wrestled. Nothing to knock him, just speaking my mind, but If he does get beat by people lower ranked than him i won't be suprised.

I have to respectfully disagree about Brad.  He may be a hair overrated...but not by much if at all.  He could very well end up in the top 4.  He is a very smart wrestler....makes little to no mental mistakes.  He should really turn it on down state.  I think he will surprise a lot of the doubters on here.  It would be a huge mistake to underestimate him because he is young.

Also about Dusty Brown.  I definitely think he is top 10 in either of those 2 weight classes.  I would be shocked to not see him on the podium this year.

I think that shoulders from eastern and norbury simon kenton are both underated they both came very close to beating antonio zeppa on saturday at superduals shoulders lost in triple overtime to him and norbury was up by one with 10 seconds left and blew it.

personally i think hitchings is underrated. i havent seen all the guys ranked below him wrestle but i did get to see in person randle stevens wrestle and in my opinion stevens couldnt beat hitchings. 

Iwill be at most of trinity wrestling matches and i am just fan and trinity is very young this year with alot of young talent that could develop by the end of the year? They have 2 seniors in lineup Case and Florence that will be very tough and if the young  guys continue to improve look out > do not under estimate this team very good even with only 2 seniors >should be top ten this year and Will contend for state title 2008! Hitchings is very good and will continue to get better!