Sign in to follow this  
dutch

2015 NWCA/USAW National Scholastic Duals KY Extreme

Here is an update for the team that we took to Indiana for Scholastic Duals. This team was assembled on short notice. Our goal was to expose as many kids to top level out of state competition as we could. I wanted to thank all the parents and kids that made the trip. I also wanted to thank Coach Moore, Coach Roth, and Coach Leavell for making the trip and taking the time to help coach this team.

The team was made up of 1 8th grader, 5 freshman, 2 sophomores, and 4 juniors. 7 of which were 2015 Ky state placers. 6 of our wrestlers were members of our middle school team Ky from last year.

KY Extreme

Indiana Blue 67, KY Extreme 3

Ky Extreme 37, X Men Red 30

Indiana Renegades 48, Ky Extreme 19

Ky Extreme 47, Ohio Stomp 20

Minnesota Elite 63, Ky Extreme 6

Ky Extreme 45, Ky Red 21

106 - Blake Roth (2-4) 1 pin, 1 major

113 - Ryan Moore (2-2) 1 pin. Did not wrestle the second day due to injury

120 - Dante Castellano (1-5)

126 - Jacob Hensley (2-4) 1 major

132 - Mason Smith (6-1) 3 pins, 1 major

138 - Trent Johnson (2-2) 1 major. Did not wrestle the second day due to injury

145 - Diion Leavell (3-3) 1 pin

152 - Jordan Kidwell (2-4)

160 - Noah Kulmer (1-5)

170 - Colin Coy (3-3)

182 - Kadin Kulmer (3-3)

195 - Lacorey Robinson (0-6)

This was a great event for our Ky wrestlers. The records do not reflect the effort these boys gave. Many of these losses could have gone either way. These trips are a great opportunity for the parents, coaches, and kids to make new friends. I always look forward to watching these kids compete the following year in KY. Everyone of these kids were outstanding young men.

I also wanted to thank Coach Moore for assembling this team on such short notice. Hopefully these kids will continue to train and compete this off season.

Great job guys. Just so our KY USAW members know. If you are taking a team from Kentucky to a USA Wrestling Event. There is always KY USAW funds available to help with team registration fees.

Only thing I will add is this team is a great group of kids who I enjoy coaching and being around. While we have some state placers and talented kids, but these boys aren't all highly acclaimed and heralded wrestlers. But they are all great kids who I would take as part of my group any time no matter what the records show.

Sign in to follow this