Sign in to follow this  
kdsmith27

220lbs Finals Austin Myers (KY) vs. Kenneth Brinson (GA)

AUSTIN IS NOT AS ONE DIMENSIONAL AS SOME WOULD LIKE TO THINK OR AS SOME OTHERS ARE BEING BIG AND TALL AND HAVING REACH FOR LONG DISTANT SHOTS WILL ONLY GET YOU SO FAR .Austin has shots has punch through slide byes and POWER to send you back to the mat and in this case to your back .It appeared he was never intending to let him up and having people question his conditioning seems to annoy him he exerts more energy chasing all these tall runners and being offensive than they do running .They even a great athlete like Brinson are not in his shape and he can break them with his strength and mat knowledge .Brinson had some crazy fast shots .Austin has some Crazy D and also some Crazy Crazy Crazy out of this world flexibility .Anyone else besides him would have had their knee obliterated by the way it was twisted .He didn't even notice .

• Downvote 1

Butterbrodt is no slouch either he has a huge resume and has always been in the mix 3 X state champ new England champ super 32 hvy runner up with over 220 HS wins.Austin scored on him pretty much at will in the first two periods and scoped him out knowing he was good on top and stalled out until called for it then got his escape in the third .winning 7_3.

Butterbrodt is no slouch either he has a huge resume and has always been in the mix 3 X state champ new England champ super 32 hvy runner up with over 220 HS wins.Austin scored on him pretty much at will in the first two periods and scoped him out knowing he was good on top and stalled out until called for it then got his escape in the third .winning 7_3.

Can anyone explain to me the knee in the elbow from the top? Looks like Austin was kneeing his own elbow it looked like it was taking away one of Brinson's arms for a base? "High level stuff" I want to learn lol

Can anyone explain to me the knee in the elbow from the top? Looks like Austin was kneeing his own elbow it looked like it was taking away one of Brinson's arms for a base? "High level stuff" I want to learn lol

He was hitting a hard spiral ride and would use his knee to knock Brinson's elbow out of position, I could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me. Reminded me of what Isaac Dukes, a D3 national champ and one of my fellow coaches, showed to our guys in regards to breaking wrist control... just drive your knee down on the lock.

Sign in to follow this