Sign in to follow this  
enthusiast

NHSCA Virginia Beach

PERSONALLY I DIDN'T GIVE TWO SQUIRTS ABOUT HIS ACT HIS HAMMER THROW HIS FORTY SPEED OR ANYTHING ELSE BUT WRESTLING BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE WERE THERE FOR .AUSTIN HAS GOOD GRADES WAS AND IS A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER AND IS A GOOD KID WHO DESERVED THE WIN WORKED FOR IT OUT WRESTLED EVERYONE IN HIS CLASS ALL YEAR AND WON .ANYONE WHO CAN KEEP A TOP RANKED KID ON THE MAT FOR A WHOLE PERIOD IS A BEAST .NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT TO AUSTIN AND THAT'S What matters to me lol and his college coaches obviously Austin has college on his mind as those aspects of his game have obviously improved .Brinson is an impressive athlete .Austin set a 265 lb stone the first day he ever tried he pulls 645 and I know linemen going to D1 schools he would pancake .doesn't mean crap to me or anyone else on this WRESTLING thread .

33 on his act but he didn't score enough in the third this year and wasn't working on his escapes as much as he should have .

Austin getting close to benching 4 and pulling 6 and a half training hard in the gym every day and hitting open mats and tourneys every chance he gets even stayed in St Louis late to catch a Ben Askren Marcus Hoehn camp with mostly youth kids because he knows every little thing counts .

GLAD YOUR IMPRESSED BY BRINSON

I hear that old wide world of sports theme in my mind like all of us old timers used to hear and watch every weekend .

I'm liking that red white and Blue and Sammy Henson Dom Bradley Danny Felix Nick Mirabel and a Strength and conditioning coach with Austins passion and what he needs to develop and grow into a Great Wrestler being in his future .

Woah you took that wrong. Austin is the better wrestler and is more dedicated and works harder at wrestling. Very glad to see him get a well deserved win. Hope he goes show flo he deserves the 1 spot. Now I was just saying that this kid is near Austin and he plays two other sports one he's an Olympian in and the other a division 1 football and wrestling his third while obtaining a 4.1 gPA and a 33 ACT I guess he's going for football cause let's face it there's prolly more money with it and a professional league and more hype towards football than wrestling sadly. I was just admiring the stats and saying I was depressed to think we try so hard to achieve just this much in wrestling this kid does it in three sports. if they wrestle again Austin will again win because his work ethic and training don't twist it up my words I'm one of the actual people that root for Austin not try and bring him down I mean heck brinson was gassed Austin broke him cause he was better conditioned

A YOUTH OLYMPIAN .PROLLY A BIG DIFFERENCE .LIKE I SAID BEFORE I think Austin could play some D1 ball but D1 ball players are dime a Dozen Brinson was ranked 12 overall on intemat for wrestling I doubt he's ranked that high for football .A great athlete who like others did not hit all the tournaments he could particularly Fargo .Their styles some of the taller Stallers don't go well with Olympic wrestling they call you for it .

A GREAT ATHLETE GLAD HE'S SMART Austin is an academic AA My other son had a 4.4 at a private school those buffed up grades have little to do with wrestling .

A YOUTH OLYMPIAN .PROLLY A BIG DIFFERENCE .LIKE I SAID BEFORE I think Austin could play some D1 ball but D1 ball players are dime a Dozen Brinson was ranked 12 overall on intemat for wrestling I doubt he's ranked that high for football .A great athlete who like others did not hit all the tournaments he could particularly Fargo .Their styles some of the taller Stallers don't go well with Olympic wrestling they call you for it .

A GREAT ATHLETE GLAD HE'S SMART Austin is an academic AA My other son had a 4.4 at a private school those buffed up grades have little to do with wrestling .

Any chance in the world Austin takes a shot at WVU football?

Any chance in the world Austin takes a shot at WVU football?

I would be willing to bet he would make the roster if he tried to walk on

HAD THAT DISCUSSION WITH WVs former wrestling coach and his negativity turned us away .Doubt Henson would want him trying to play and Austin is a linebacker and RB /FB hard to say how he would maneuver or make the change because I'm sure WV wants him to gain about 30 lbs over the next yr or so .Austin is very strong and quick and played a lot of Defensive line as a kid it would be hard to say It will also be hard for him to be there and not think about it as well he played every yr since kindergarten till this yr he wanted the 32 and to focus on wrestling .I think it payed off.Winning SRs is a dream come true for him Beating Brinson was in the back of his mind I know and he never broke he was behind at first tied it up and poured it on it was awesome .Still annoys me how they let guys constantly back away from him though.

I wouldn't put it past Austin to try and make the team .who knows he's insane but I think he will be looking at freestyle greco perhaps more than any other WV guys considering he has done well already at it and the WV coaches are BIG TIME I to Olympic style wrestling Henson is an Olympic silver medalist and Mirabel a world team member and Bradley a fila Jr champ in the past .

I COULD SEE Brinson doing both at Army but I'm not sure he would transition to hvy and remain proficient at his position in football or be as effective at heavy .Austin is a thick person who loves to lift he will put on some muscle no problem .Doubt he gets any taller but he will get stronger and bigger and hopefully faster .it's all good Austin at 197 would probably stun some people on the football field .

We'll in football he's going to West Point and playing for army so he's not like hes a football prototype going to Lsu or Alabama to play football now that would be amazing playing in front of thousands of people. but what I was just saying is I wish people like this would focus on only one sport instead of not three like Austin quit football to focus on wrestling and look at his success I think all we can agree my point is it's better to do one and succeed and a little success at three

Not taking anything from Brinson like it seems I simply know Austin deserved and was a better all around wrestler .I told my friends Brinson was like a modern day Jim Thorpe .I heard that Brinson trained at ASU with the kids training with the world team last yr and I knew he was doing wrestling work as well and I watched him this yr his shots were actually better and he moved and put in moves much quicker and had a better arsenal on top but Austin is not a kid you can work moves on very easily on top No one ever has he has never gave up back or been turned for even 2 .Brinson would have been better served hitting more weights but I'm not sure he could make 220 with more muscle he pretty tall and has some beef already

Well I guess we will just have to sit back and see what Austin and his coaches decide is right for him. Would be awesome and great exposure to play Big 12 football though!

We'll in football he's going to West Point and playing for army so he's not like hes a football prototype going to Lsu or Alabama to play football now that would be amazing playing in front of thousands of people. but what I was just saying is I wish people like this would focus on only one sport instead of not three like Austin quit football to focus on wrestling and look at his success I think all we can agree my point is it's better to do one and succeed and a little success at three

I could not disagree more. 

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this