Sign in to follow this  
plantmanky1

2015 Region 4 MS Results

Great Job yesterday by Coach Scarberry and the Ashland Group in hosting the Region 4 Tournament. It was a long day with lots of great wrestling in a brand new gym.  

Attached are the Placers, Team scores and Brackets.

Congrats to Gentry Deck from Madison for winning Region 4 MOW. 

Good luck to everyone at state.

2015 Region 4 Brackets.pdf

2015 Region 4 Placers.pdf

2015 Region 4 Team Scores.pdf

Thank you to everybody that helped to make this a successful event. Everybody worked really hard despite the obstacles to make this tournament happen. I hope we made it an enjoyable experience for everyone that was there.  

I have to say I was a little disappointed with how the tourney ran.  IMO it looked like the Ashland folks did not prepare and just showed up that morning and tried to organize things.  Took forever to find a printer and did not update tourney on track wrestling.  District info was available all week to have these things going.  I know some kids were sick and some missed weight causing changes, but thats an easy fix.

Finals should have been on 1 mat with 2 officials due to the importance of the outcomes for state, but having 2 mats with only one official on a mat could have caused issues.  Also there was no trainer!  That was unacceptable.

In the future, I think its a great gesture to award the region champ with a large print of the bracket like Woodford Co and Johnson Co have done in the past.  I know its not  a requirement, but winning region is a big accomplishment and receiving one of those brackets makes it more special.

I have to say I was a little disappointed with how the tourney ran. IMO it looked like the Ashland folks did not prepare and just showed up that morning and tried to organize things. Took forever to find a printer and did not update tourney on track wrestling. District info was available all week to have these things going. I know some kids were sick and some missed weight causing changes, but thats an easy fix.

Finals should have been on 1 mat with 2 officials due to the importance of the outcomes for state, but having 2 mats with only one official on a mat could have caused issues. Also there was no trainer! That was unacceptable.

In the future, I think its a great gesture to award the region champ with a large print of the bracket like Woodford Co and Johnson Co have done in the past. I know its not a requirement, but winning region is a big accomplishment and receiving one of those brackets makes it more special.

I admit, I did drop the ball as far as the brackets are concerned. They where planned but with everything else that was going on I did not get them done. I do apologize. A lot of people worked really hard up to and including the day of the tournament to make it a success. The week leading up to the tournament brought a lot if changes including trying to find a replacement ref till about 10:00 Thursday night. Trackwrestling was not an option due to unreliable internet service in the gym because of the construction going on. The finals where scheduled to be on one mat. Due to the long drive of some of the teams, I was asked to consider 2 mats final. I polled all coaches. Majority ruled and finals was on 2 mats.

We also tried to have a trainer.