Sign in to follow this  
depperschmidt

teams wrestling out of state comp.

Good luck to all kentucky teams wrestling out of state this weekend. Montgomery is in a tough tourny in WV. Holms and dupont Manual is in Lockland Oh. and special props to Ryle attending The Grizzly! A super meat grinder of who's who in Ohio. (both Div.1 and Div2 #1 ranked teams) BOTH nationaly ranked in Flo's top 25 Also 3 other teams ranked in the top 10 in their respective divisons. Ryle is the only out of state team out of the 26 teams.

• Upvote 2

Meade Co seeding follows for the WSAZ WV Tournament 23-24 Jan 15:

Jared Ray @ 106lbs 20th out of 29.

Nathan Nash @ 113lbs 13th out of 30.

Hunter Knoth @ 120lbs 23rd out of 34.

Alex Lee @ 126lbs 9th out of 38.

David M. @ 132lbs 19th out of 38.

Collin M. @ 132lbs 28th out of 38.

Roger Young @ 138lbs 28th out of 44.

Dakota Hoskins @ 145lbs 24th out of 43.

Cory Knoth @ 152lbs 6th out of 42.

Johnny Lee @ 160th 20th out of 37.

Jordan C. @ 170lbs 12th out of 36.

Dalton J. @ 182lbs 12th out of 28.

Brandon St John @ 195lbs 12th out of 26.

Trevon M. @ 220lbs 11th out of 29.

Robert Cooper @ HW 30th out of 41.

It looks like Roger, Cory and Dakota all have the monster weights this year with over 40 Wrestlers in each weight class.

They only seed the top 12 at WSAZ, all others are drawn in.

Seeds can be found at wvmat.com

Not sure where you got your informaton at but you might want to revalidate it. Go back and re-look at the Seeding form listed at http://wvmat.com/temp/15wsazhsseeds2.pdf . The top three are determined if they placed last year and it looks as if everyone else below is seeded by their Win / Loss percentage rate. Well that is the way i read it anyways. But heck i could be wrong.

10 seeded wrestlers at 106

15 at 120

13 at 195

13 at 220

All other weights, 12 seeded wrestlers.

At the top of page "seeded wrestlers and entries"

Entries are listed by record, they don't seed every kid in the tournament.

I may be wrong but I don't believe I am.

10 seeded wrestlers at 106

15 at 120

13 at 195

13 at 220

All other weights, 12 seeded wrestlers.

At the top of page "seeded wrestlers and entries"

Entries are listed by record, they don't seed every kid in the tournament.

I may be wrong but I don't believe I am.

I see where you are coming from. What took me by surprise is how they seeded whoever they seeded. You have a wrestler who only wrestled 5 matches all year and won 4 and lost one, who really probably is not that good over a wrestler who wrestled 20 matches and who won 14 but lost 6, his percentage rate will be lower. The seeding i guess really does not matter. You will have to wrestle to first place either way it goes. If you did not get seeded you just might not get a BI and have to wrestle a few more rounds than those who did get seeded. By the end of the day the tournament will determine the best among the best.

Meade did not fair to well this weekend at the WSAZ tournament in WV. They finished 23rd in Team points out of 36 Teams and only placed 1 wrestler at 8th in 152lbs. The Team took some tough losses and may have even lost some talented wrestlers for the Year due to injuries occurred over the Tournament. Pending follow up medical review. I would have to say from my perspective the Team looked a little worn down and in need of rest. They have been on a very active schedule this year. Most if not all starters have 35 or more matches completed to this point. Yet still no break in sight due to State Duals next week at Union Co.

Results can be seen at this link: http://wvmat.com/scores/15scores/0124wsah.pdf

I am going to speak for all Ky fans in that we wish every one on Meade the best outcomes possible in the injuries. hope all recover before the end of the year and you guys are at full strength for your state run

Manual won the Lockland tournament with 232 points. Preble Shawnee was second with 157 then Reading (156) and Cooper (153.5).

Manual's individual champs were Chancellor Caldwell (113), Andrew Salings (138), Jacob Bratcher (160) and Hayden Vinegar (heavyweight).

Big Kudos go out to the Meade County Coaches and wrestlers for going into West Virginia and taking on those challenging out of state teams.  Obviously prayers for a SPEEDY recovery go out to any of the boys from Meade County that suffered injuries.  Unfortunately that happens sometimes when you poke the BEAR in these BIG tournaments with so many outstanding teams and wrestlers showing up to compete in one venue.  It looks like JC also represented KY well there too.  Coach Davis seems to seek out great tournaments like the one in WV to truly challenge his kids and prepare them as much as possible for the tough matches at state level-where it just gets tougher the higher you go through the brackets.  Hang in there MEADE COUNTY!!!  Hey...Didn't Coach Davis put out some information that this was a re-building year for Meade County with some younger kids-I have been tracking Meade County all season from a safe distance.  Those boys have kicked some butt.  I think Coach Davis might be playing possum.  Watch out for Meade County to surprise some people during the next month.

The individual champions for Cooper at the Lockland Invitational were Holub (106), Huston (120), Monroe (126), Steiner (132), and Bailey (145).  2nd place finish for Kidwell (152).   Tournament runner-up team trophy left with Coach Flaherty and the Jaguars.

Ryle finished 6th at wadsworth. Had 2 runners up, Erdman and Belk, 3 4th placers Meiman, Woolf, and Chafee. I think Dorne got 7th or 8th. Seems like we caught all Graham kids in our matches.

Sign in to follow this