Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings Week 7 (1/19)

"You're late" yes I am aware of such. But I have finished my lesson plans up to two weeks out so I have time to go through and update the rankings from the Tiger Invitational results. I'll be going mostly off the tournament bracket, so if I missed an obscure dual result let me know

1. Saul Ervin, Union County (1)
2. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County (2)
3. Kaleb Hammons, Caldwell County (3)

4. Nick Dickerson, Calloway County (UR)
5. Ray Hamilton, Paducah Tilghman (5)

6. Edward Agulto, Christian County (4)

Dropped Out- McDow, Hoptown

Agulto drops matches to Dickerson and Hamilton bringing him to 6th. Dickerson also picked up a win over Hamilton and revenge over McDow bringing him back into the rankings for the first time since week 4 I think. McDow had a forfeit over Hamilton so I won't count that.

1. Luis Regaldo, Fort Campbell (1)

2. Daniel Knight, Christian County (3)

3. Micah Ervin, Union County (2)
4. Austin Zeppes, Calloway County (4)
5. Dakota Himes, Ohio County (5)
6. Dale Robertson, Hopkinsville (6)
Dropping Out- None

113 didn't see a lot of action with Regaldo sick and Ervin at Middle School. No results to report. Edit- Missed the Knight over Ervin results

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County (1)
2. Alex Curl, Fort Campbell (2)
3. Jacob Bellah, Calloway County (3)
4. Devontae Turner, Trigg County (4)
5. Froilan Agulto, Christian County (5)
6. Cameron Dearmond, Hoptown (6)
Dropping Out- None

Nothing noted here either

1. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County (1)
2. Scott Ruttman, Calloway County (2)
3. Camerin Cole, Christian County (4)

4. Daniel Dyess, UHA (3)

5. Rylan Ervin, Union County (5)
6. Jeffrey Mathis, McCracken County (UR)
Dropping out- Skuljen, Hoptown

Cole picks up a win over Dyess who now sits at 4th. Mathis picks up a win over Skuljen 

1. Chance Oxford, Union County (1)
2. Chance Collins, UHA (2)
3. Justin Crabtree, Trigg (3)
4. Jack Haynes, Calloway County (4)
5. Kestin McClain, McCracken County (5)
6. Gideon Ellison, Fort Campbell (6)
Dropping Out- none

Haynes picked up a good win over Harpeth but with a loss to Crabtree on his record I can't bump him up.

1. BJ Miller, Ohio County (1)
2. Derek Miller, Paducah Tilghman (2)
3. Tim Pike, Union County (3)
4. Logan Thomas, Calloway County (4)
5. Dalton Putty, UHA (5)
6. Diion Leavell, Christian County (6)
Dropped Out- None

You can make an argument for Leavell over Putty but with the win being a forfeit I don't think I can justify any movement. Thomas a no show at Hoptown.

1. Nicholas Walls, Calloway County (1)

2. Dylan Gray, Caldwell County (152)
3. Malik Cunningham, Trigg County (2)
4. Kobe Perry, Christian County (3)
5. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell (5)
6. Blake Brown, Ohio County (6)
Dropping Out- none

Well Sperry being at 152 helps solve some problems I suppose. Gray makes the cut and picks up a win over Perry but loses in the finals to Walls who is having a monster season. 

1. Jackson Oxford, Union County (1)
2. Ivan Lawson, Hoptown (3)

3. Braden Sperry, Caldwell County (145)
4. Mario Perez, Calloway County (4)
5. Josh McCoy, Ohio County (5)
6. Christian Barefield, UHA (6)
Dropping Out- none

Sperry comes up to 152 and picks up a win over Perez.

1. Nate Williams, Hoptown (2)

2. Avery Buckman, Union County (3)

3. Kenneth Sells, Christian County (1)

4. Will Crabtree, UHA (4)
5. Alex Hideg, McCracken County (5)
6. Jaishon Faishon, Trigg County (6)
Dropping Out- none

Williams gets revenge over Sells and reclaims his #1 spot. Edit- Missed the Buckman over Sells result

1. Isaiah Lawson, Hoptown (1)

2. Keyven Sells, Christian County (UR)
3. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell (3)
4. David Woods, Calloway County (4)
5. Seth Estes, McCracken County (5)
6. Ryan Hedrick, Union County (6)
Dropping Out- Biliter, Christian

And Sells comes back and thus is returned to his spot in the rankings. 

1. Xavier Pate, Christian County (1)
2. Kane Morris, Union County (2)
3. Conner Keenan, Fort Campbell (3)
4. KyTaven Anthony, Hoptown (4)

5. Tige Littlefield. Caldwell County (6)

6. Cody Jackson, Calloway County (5)
Dropping Out- none

Littlefield with a win over Jackson.

1. Cole Sherman, Union County (1)
2. Phil Bradley, UHA (2)
3. Eugene Butler, Hoptown (3)
4. Dylan Marlow, Ohio County (4)
5. Anthony Adkinson, Fort Campbell (5)
6. Josh Efinger, Calloway County (6)
Dropping Out- none

Butler didn't wrestle at his home tournament so keep an eye on that. Other then that everyone defended their rank.

1. Conner Sherman, Union County (1)
2. Zach Farris, Ohio County (2)
3. Chance Orr, Paducah Tilghman (3)
4. Colby Culver, Calloway County (4)
5. Marcus Green, Christian County (5)
6. Ben McGregor, Caldwell County (UR)
Dropping Out- Bruce, Hoptown

McGregor returns.

1. Raynel Brown, Union County (1)
2. Luke Shaffer, Ohio County (2)
3. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell (3)
4. Logan Thomas, Hopkinsville (4)
5. Mahlon Ray, Christian County (5)
6. David Clark, Calloway County (6)
Dropping Out- none

WIth Nikolao unable to wrestle I saw nothing of note. 

Team
1. Union County (46)
I'm running out of jokes

2(t). Christian County (18.5)
Sells coming back keeps County tied for second but Calloway is a steamroller this season and County will need to bring their A game. Edit- In sole possession of second with Knight over Ervin. Edit- Nevermind

2(t). Calloway County (18.5)

Enough can't be said about how these kids are wrestling now, I am highly impressed.

4. Hoptown (18)

Only half a point behind the tie for second, Hoptown is coming on strong near the end of the year.

5. Ohio County (16.5)

Ohio County edges out Fort Campbell who suffered from not being able to send the vast majority of their team out to wrestle, thus the stagnation caused them to fall behind Ohio. Ohio has a couple pieces (Sapp, Miller, and Farris) that are all-state level but they need their other guys (Brown, Marlow, etc) to come big at regionals if they want second place. Trigg continues to lead the rest of the pack.

6. Fort Campbell (15.5)

7. Trigg County (10.5)
8. UHA (9)
9. Caldwell County (8)
10. Paducah Tilghman (5.5)
11. McCracken County (2) 

Avery buckman beat sells at the dual and won region last year it was a big tournament this past weekend it was preety exciting

Of course the one week I don't check all dual results is the week I miss Union County actually wrestling in the region.

Buckman did get a win over Williams at regionals last year but Williams outplaced him at State

The state to the south is doing some pouting after the Hoptown tournament...

Mt. Juliet went up with 9 wrestlers and placed 3rd as a team . I will say though if you were from TN. , you got no love at all. They let to many wrestlers out of moves with potential danger. If they even moaned they called potential danger. I will say no TN wrestler was crying out for a let up. Some of the matches looked like kids were taught to moan or yell if on their back, to be let up. This had nothing to do with any M.J matches. This was just something a bunch of us were noticing from the stands in a lot of different matches and I'm talking A BUNCH of them. We were actually cracking jokes about it because there was some award winning acting. There were some great matches. I believe it was Calloway county, that won it by a landslide. Henry 1st, Wilkins 1st, Edens 2nd, Helm 3rd ,O'Brian 4th, Benson 5th, Horner 3rd, Charest 4th (5 match rule forfeit) Perkins dnp. There were way to many 3/4 and 5/6 place matches that were 5 match rule. A lot were double forfeit's. I'de say at least half of them were not wrestled.

I think region 1 is a lot better than what other regions give them credit for. there should be a lot of state placers coming out of this region.

Saul and Sheffer should win, Brown could win

Sapp, Regaldo, Ervin, Kline, Oxford, Collins, Miller, Miller, Pike, Walls, Gray, Oxford, Williams, Sells, Lawson, Sells, Haywood, Pate, Sherman, Sherman, Farris, Shaffer, and Nikolao all have pretty decent shots at placing as well. a lot of others have outside shots

Kaleb Hammons might not have a physical look that jumps out at you but this past weekend he wrestled a 2-1 match with Sapp I could see him sneak on to the podium

112 total places up for grabs (14 weight classes * 8 placers)

26 (R1 placers from your above post) /112 = R1 taking 23% of the total available places.

Someone would have to do the history to figure out the highest percentage that R1 has placed. 

However, 23% is pretty good statistically considering 100% / 8 regions (if everything is equal) would be 12.5%.

106 Ervin, Regalado 113 Sheffer 120 Miller, Dezember 126 Blackwell, Austin 132 Ervin, Jaschen, Martin 138 Gilkey, Hedrick

145 Gahafer, Matlock, Frank 152 :( 160 Williams 170 Ryder, Lawson 182 :( 195 Sherman 220 Farris, Carter 285 Brown

22 placers from last year (unless I missed someone). 22/112 = 19.6%

It would have to be in the 80's.. Union won 2 state titles of course and hoptown was excellent as we'll I think they won 2 maybe three and Christian won one as we'll in one decade. Teams didn't need to wrestle out of state with regional comp like that

It would have to be in the 80's.. Union won 2 state titles of course and hoptown was excellent as we'll I think they won 2 maybe three and Christian won one as we'll in one decade. Teams didn't need to wrestle out of state with regional comp like that

Don't forget Campbell had a couple state champs themselves haha. I don't think the tournament was that big in the 80's though, but if we're going off of proportion instead of numbers then ya

Don't forget Campbell had a couple state champs themselves haha. I don't think the tournament was that big in the 80's though, but if we're going off of proportion instead of numbers then ya

I will get names and exact yyears for those ft campbell state champions tomorrow

I will get names and exact yyears for those ft campbell state champions tomorrow

Pat Moody won twice, there's that white guy who won state around that same time, and I think there are about two more. Jovanie Marshall won in 1990

69-

Steve Johnson

Jim Haeh

70-

Alan boyd

Ron Chapman

71-

Boyd

Chapman

Mike Cassity

73-

Ron Taylor

77-

Andre Offutt

78-

Offutt

Mike Balkus

82-

Dennis Hart

87-

Pat Moody

88-

Giorgio Hiatt

Moody x2

90-

Jovanie Marshall

9 state runner ups last one in 06 (Matt Mines)

Sign in to follow this