git'r'done

State Predictions 2005-2006

103: Travis Sullivan will go undefeated in state

112: Caleb Wood unless Sullivan moves up, weak weight class!!!

119: Coty Lewis but will have competition from Tyler Voth

125: Ben Warner will dominate unless Derek Scott, Daniel Thueneman, or Eric Bryant goes/stays here

130: Eric Bryant will go undefeated against great copetition in hardest weight class (saw him at a camp, he is just that much improved)

135: Jacob Murton would be hardest weight but everyone will go up or down to dodge him (best wrestler in state)

140: Joey Sanders would lose at lower weight class, he is better at this weight, would just lose muscle and have to wrestle harder competition at a lower weight

145: Harrison Courtney

152: John Wolseifor he is awesome

160: Austin Cooper

171: Will Starks, Greg Ashworth, or John Phillips (no definate stand out guy)

189: Starks will win his 3rd easily

215: Taylor Sherer

275: Mike Clark, Kyle Goodrich, or Dale stone

I attend all aau tourny's and camps, in and out of state these are the stand-out wrestlers, there are more but are not as impressive as these. No offense to anyone.

:P:P:P

Guest Anonymous

I do believe that warner will have a rough time when the season rolls around because of derek scott. Just an opinion.

Guest Anonymous

ive heard it as a possibility. but if they aren't then they will be battling.

Can murton still make 130,they said he was in the 150s at camp.If he does will he be as good pound for pound as he would be at 140?Twenty pounds is alot to lose when you are skinny .He is still the best in state.Please Jacob give us the answer so everyone can move up or down. :roll:

Why would Murton kill himself to make 130 when he doesn't have to? He will run through whatever weight class he wrestles at next year. As far as Senior Nationals goes I think you can wrestle at whatever weight you want to. I don't think it matters what weight you wrestled during the season, I could be wrong though. Someone who wrestled at Senior Nationals this past year should tell us, or someone should check it out.

I would encourage people not to run from Murton, wherever he goes. He's the best in the state at any weight class, and is who you should want to beat. I wouldn't have much pride in myself if i were a state champ (i'm not) who got there by dodging someone.

I suspect guys like Scott, Thuneman, Sanders and the likes wouldn't run. I think one of those guys on the right day could beat him if they landed in the same class. In the spirit of the question posed at the beginning of this thread, thats what i'm throwing out there as a possible surprise. I'm not predicting it though, so don't call me a fool ! :)

You have to wrestle what ever weight you did at state,unless you wrestled at a lower weight at state duels.Like kyle did this year.Lawrence county will not be at state duels.Hope theres a small school state duels.They better let them in. :lol:

eric bryant is way overrated, i was at the CC camp with him and he got beat by scott high schools 125 that isnt all that great, i mean he got crushed by him. and scott's 125 didnt even place

who you talkin about LOWSingle ? Was it Scott's 2005 112 pounder maybe who gained weight in the offseason ? Because if you're talking about Scott's 2005 125 pounder, that was Thuneman, he is an animal and took 3rd at state. Thats after blowing the match where he was beating the eventual state champ.

But even if it was Thuneman that crushed him, that doesn't bode well for Bryant either. There were several other 125 pounders that could wrestle with Thuneman, basically every guy that finished in the top 5 at 125 last year. He was not a head and shoulders above the rest, he was better, but he couldn't dominate any of the guys in the top 5 in that class. I've seen him wrestle all the top 5 finishers at state minus Ozzie Parker and they were all very close matches. And every top 5 finisher is returning.

By the way, i was skeptical of that undefeated claim at 130 earlier. It will be a brutal class, but maybe some of the 125 guys will split off to 135 or stay 125. Still, i see him getting beat. I declined comment as i hadn't seen him wrestle during the offseason and gave the benefit of the doubt, but hearing that i wanted to help open the floor up with this post.

you all arent giving eric enough credit, ive been around and hes worked as hard if not harder this offseason as any of the other 125 guys. he mite not go undefeted but hes got a good shot at winning state.

In retrospect that seems fair wcwrestler. I'm not saying he stinks or anything like that. And i haven't seen him wrestle in the offseason, and that might have been one day where he was sick or something. After all, if that weren't the case i don't see a nobody from Scott smoking him. And if it was Thuneman who did the smoking, the dude that put that post on there didn't have all the facts right ... so then i question those circumstances.

But i think undefeated claims after a 5th place finish at state are a bit much. I recall claims on this board last year if i'm not mistaken of going 119, beating Ruschelle, and being the MOW that didn't happen. I'm not sure who posted that prediction, but I see this as more of the same. I'm sure the elite 125s from last year as well as anyone else winding up at 130 saw that post and will have him in their sights and in light of this hype with all that talent in this class i'd be concerned trying to win state under those circumstances.

it wasnt thuneman, maybe it was like scotts 30 maybe 35 pounder, the point is that the scott wrestler is not too good. yeah i give him some credit and yeah anyone has a shot at state, but hes as cocky as it gets and way overrated. good luck too him though.

I watched most of the matches at cc he only lost to a florida state champ who was 10 pounds heavier.Their was a scott kid there around 150 .Parker was there he looked pretty good.Wheeler was 175.

it wasnt thuneman' date=' maybe it was like scotts 30 maybe 35 pounder, the point is that the scott wrestler is not too good. yeah i give him some credit and yeah anyone has a shot at state, but hes as cocky as it gets and way overrated. good luck too him though.[/quote']

I'm sorry but I went to all 3 Cumberland Camps (to watch), and Bryant looked very dominate, he killed everyone he wrestled except for Frank (Florida State Champ). He will win it at whatever weight he goes!!! Also, you said that Bryant was cocky, Bryant is the most uncockiest guy I've ever seen, he is a very nice young man, when he would get done dominating his competition, he helps them up and congradulates them.

Parker also looked impresive, he also killed everyone he wrestled,

Bryant and Parker scraped some and at first Ozzy was coming out on top, but then Bryant started using his head and was on top then, Ozzy was about 10 pounds heavier, Hope these guys are at the same weight, it would be a great match.

Aother wrestler that impressed me was Patrick Banks, he also beat everyone!!

I also look for Bourbon County to step it up in a few years, they have a young squad, but they are tough (not like they are going to win but just look for them to do better).

As for team predictions next year:

1. Woodford

2. Larue

You tellin me Ozzie was 145 ?!?! Cause i'm hearing Bryant has been around 135. 135 + 10 = 145. Unless Ozzie has been pumping iron like a madman, but bulking up that much for his frame is a lot. If Ozzie indeed weighed that much, it was probably because he got fat. And thats not making for an optimum performance.

I take it Parker wasn't one of the ones he killed. Which brings him back down to just being good but far from undisputed to be undefeated. If he didn't kill Parker, there were a few other guys at 125 last year that could wrestle at or above Parker's level (Scott, Thuneman, Parks).

Hence, you made my point.

well he did as well last year,but anywayz do you know how the Kentucky wrestlers did down there with the Florida,Georgia,Ohio,Tennessee guys and all???

Well I dont know what the weight will look like,from what I saw at Campbellsville Camp

Pat Banks real big,losing to the 170 pounder Ben Rupp

Ozzy lost to everyone at the camp,including low placed wrestlers from state,excluding Jacob Murton,and Robert Smith who he both faced,he also lo0st to Ryan Ross from Harrison County

I think Eric Bryant will compete good at 135,I think he can do anything if he really wants to,and Cocky is something he isnt