Sign in to follow this  
pmiller13

WCI

It is exciting but so unpredictable right now.  No one knows who is wrestling where and looking at the rankings the top kids have bumped up a weight class or two and who knows how to rate them.  Looks like the Yost kid is pretty solid, Hope Miracle keeps winning big matches, and Ketchen-Carter could win state at 92, 98, or 105.  I've seen alot of new faces so far and it will be another solid year no doubt.  Can't wait to see some new rankings, but I don't think its possible to do until the end of December to see where everyone fits in.

We have a few spots for INDIVIDUALS or teams with lower numbers to get some mat time in. Rosters are due tonight so send me an email at coachyost@gmail.com ASAP if you'd like to be added.

Will there be any weight allowance?

I hope not. Weight allowances have gotten out of control the last couple years. MS kids don't know what it means to actually make weight. We have weight classes for a reason.

Team Scores

1   194.00  WOODFORD COUNTY
    2   126.00  TAYLOR COUNTY
    3   122.00  NORTH HARDIN
    4   111.50  ANDERSON COUNTY
    5   107.00  HAWKS
    6   103.00  HARRISON COUNTY
    7    89.50  EJ HAYES
    8    84.00  ELKHORN
    9    73.00  BOURBON COUNTY
   10    71.00  MEADE
   11    62.00  SHAMROCK
   12    48.00  EAGLES WRESTLING CLUB
   13    43.00  MCNABB
   14    34.50  FAIRDALE

The WCI was a very well ran tourney with good matches to watch all day. The 113lb final match up between Yost (WC) and Insko (AP) was the match of the day and worth the price of admission. Some other great showings as well. At 75 lb, the  final between S Grandstaff and Hanson was a good match. J Grandstaff had a 29 second pin in the finals Vs.Fowler (ANDERSON) at 80, he is looking very good.