Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KWCA Coaches Clinic

Big thanks to Chris McCoy and team for another great clinic. Rulon and Coach Crowell were awesome. This event is a great opportunity each year to not only network, but to develop as a coach and learn from the tremendous speakers that come in each year.

Coach McCoy did a great job putting on a class event. I learn so many things each year I attend. I know numbers were down due to red book issues, but guys I think you should dig deep and pay on your own if not for yourself, but your kids. I can't think of anything else you can spend $100 on that is more valuable. I encourage everyone to make suggestions so we can get more coaches. It's not just for your program, but wrestling as a whole in ky

I would just like for them to help with the cost.  After food and lodging and gas to and fro its more like $200+.  

I think whole coaching staffs should attend not just one.  It's to much to for one person to soak up.  

Heck if they can send 15 football coaches and 10 basketball coaches to there respective clinics I would think they could spring for 3-4 coaches to attend the wrestling clinic. 

You are correct BL. If you get a few coaches to carpool and share a room you are looking at somewhere in the $200 range.

But it is very valuable and I agree is too much for one person to absorb. Going as a staff provides the benefit of multiple guys picking up little details plus it is a great opportunity for coaches "team-building".

Yes it is a great way for the coaches to get together before the season and get the ball rolling before the practices begin.  

I'm not sure about the rest of the coaches out there but $200 is about 20% of our assistant coaches salary and about 11% of our head coaches salary. 

Head coach gets about $1,800 Assistant and Middle school coach about $1,000 each.  Then one with no salary at all. That's almost enough to pay for our expenses throughout the season.  

And I'm not saying everyone can afford to do it out of pocket by any means, but many who can don't just on principle of they feel they shouldn't have to, not cause they can't afford it.

All I'm saying is if you can afford it, it's worth it and you should go. It makes you a better coach, kids better wrestlers and young men, builds programs, which in turn builds our state as a whole. And I think as a majority that is what we want as coaches.

Sign in to follow this