IWIN

Dapper Dan

Guys,

Nathan has been covered by flo as much as anyone. You have to take the good with the bad. Bottom line Nathan didnt perform. It has only been about three weeks that he has been in a room that pushes him. He will be ok he just needs to keep working and get stronger. You cant have your best match every match. Nathan actually beat this great young man about 2 years ago 6-3. Nathan got taken down at the end of the first. I think took his mind out of it and then the snow ball started. At the ceremony they talked about guys wrestling someone up a weight at Dapper Dan. Jake Herbert did it and got Tech Pinned. He ended up winning a couple of NCAA title. I am not going to define Nathans career off of one match or will he. When he came off the mat he just said I need to get back to work. Bottom line he got beat and that happens so Wildcat you are ok and not a problem with posting. People want to know. When people make such a big deal when you get beat by a guy 1 weight above you. You then know you are doing something right. Now for facts

Nathan is a 120lber and he wrestled a kid that wrestled 126 all year that was a 126 state Champion and OW in PA.

No there wasnt strict weigh ins and thats ok..

A lot of the kids didnt make weight with the 5lb allowance. The kids know they will wrestle regardless of weight. Its about putting on a show for charity.

It was an honor that they felt they had to put their 126 on Nathan.

Kentucky has had 2 Dapper Dans neither have won. Joe Carr jr lost by pin in 1997. Hopefully Myers can get us back on track.

Dapper Dan is more about the ceremony and the awards. The actual wrestling is a small part of it. One may ask why would you go to wrestle someone in a higher weight and why would they do it. First of all the Dapper Dan is the Nirvana of Highschool wrestling. The best of the best are there. To make it interesting PA needs to put their best guys on the mat regardless of weight. This year PA allowed 4 guys to wrestle down a weight. Honestly, I think it was awesome. It made it very interesting.

Brock had his match he would love to have back at super 32, Sean against a couple of guys in Ohio, Blackwell in the finals, and Nathan at Dapper Dan. Boys, unfortunatly you have those nights but you guys are still the greats in my eyes.  Last night, the bottom line was he was bigger, stronger, and just a better wrestler.

Most kids would love to have his career I know I would.

199-1

3X State Champion-2 States IN/KY

4X State finalist- Lost to Dapper Dan winner and OW his Sophmore year

Ranked #1 in the Country a couple of times the last couple of years at different weights

2X Flonational Finalist-Flonational Champion

Invited to Dapper Dan

Invited to Dream Team

In closing, I want to thank everyone for making Nathan feel like a Kentucky kid and accepting him as your own. Everyone opened their rooms and welcomed him with open arms. I love Indiana wrestling but Kentucky wrestling has a special place in my heart. I would guess Nathan will be right back in the practice room today or tomorrow.

Thanks again and good luck at Nationals.

Exactly! Like I said a couple days and a couple weeks ago. Nathan is the best wrestler in KY. His records and accomplishments speak for themselves. I was simply recoding the way it was reported by flo. Nathan will get further chances to prove himself and will have no issues holding his own at the D1 level. Losses happen, even to the greats. Good luck to your son, not that he needs it.

Nathan is a great kid and a great wrestler who took one on the chin last night. I think the best line was him saying he had to get back to work, rather than going on a rant.....speaks volumes about his personality and fortitude. We will see a lot of great things out of Nathan Boston in the future.

Guys,

Nathan has been covered by flo as much as anyone. You have to take the good with the bad. Bottom line Nathan didnt perform. It has only been about three weeks that he has been in a room that pushes him. He will be ok he just needs to keep working and get stronger. You cant have your best match every match. Nathan actually beat this great young man about 2 years ago 6-3. Nathan got taken down at the end of the first. I think took his mind out of it and then the snow ball started. At the ceremony they talked about guys wrestling someone up a weight at Dapper Dan. Jake Herbert did it and got Tech Pinned. He ended up winning a couple of NCAA title. I am not going to define Nathans career off of one match or will he. When he came off the mat he just said I need to get back to work. Bottom line he got beat and that happens so Wildcat you are ok and not a problem with posting. People want to know. When people make such a big deal when you get beat by a guy 1 weight above you. You then know you are doing something right. Now for facts

Nathan is a 120lber and he wrestled a kid that wrestled 126 all year that was a 126 state Champion and OW in PA.

No there wasnt strict weigh ins and thats ok..

A lot of the kids didnt make weight with the 5lb allowance. The kids know they will wrestle regardless of weight. Its about putting on a show for charity.

It was an honor that they felt they had to put their 126 on Nathan.

Kentucky has had 2 Dapper Dans neither have won. Joe Carr jr lost by pin in 1997. Hopefully Myers can get us back on track.

Dapper Dan is more about the ceremony and the awards. The actual wrestling is a small part of it. One may ask why would you go to wrestle someone in a higher weight and why would they do it. First of all the Dapper Dan is the Nirvana of Highschool wrestling. The best of the best are there. To make it interesting PA needs to put their best guys on the mat regardless of weight. This year PA allowed 4 guys to wrestle down a weight. Honestly, I think it was awesome. It made it very interesting.

Brock had his match he would love to have back at super 32, Sean against a couple of guys in Ohio, Blackwell in the finals, and Nathan at Dapper Dan. Boys, unfortunatly you have those nights but you guys are still the greats in my eyes.  Last night, the bottom line was he was bigger, stronger, and just a better wrestler.

Most kids would love to have his career I know I would.

199-1

3X State Champion-2 States IN/KY

4X State finalist- Lost to Dapper Dan winner and OW his Sophmore year

Ranked #1 in the Country a couple of times the last couple of years at different weights

2X Flonational Finalist-Flonational Champion

Invited to Dapper Dan

Invited to Dream Team

In closing, I want to thank everyone for making Nathan feel like a Kentucky kid and accepting him as your own. Everyone opened their rooms and welcomed him with open arms. I love Indiana wrestling but Kentucky wrestling has a special place in my heart. I would guess Nathan will be right back in the practice room today or tomorrow.

Thanks again and good luck at Nationals.

Straight up class. Congrats to you both!