Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

Region 6 Rankings Jan 10th update

Jan 10th Region 6 rankings

Region 6

106 (The hardest class for me)

1.Joey Skaggs   Dixie if he's not at 113 ?
2. Brady Wells   CC
3. Tyler Holub   Scott
4. Dante Castellano SK
5. Travis Coovert Boone Co

1. Mason Smith Walton
2. Dominic Castellano Dixie
3. Spener Carpenter SK
4. Cody Huston Cooper
5. Collin Barrett CC
6. Chris Vaske Boone

1. Logan Erdman Ryle
2. Brad Krebs CC
3. Dale Hensley Scott
4. Brent Taylor Boone Co
5. Jordan Monroe Cooper
6. Thomas Kloentrup Simon Kenton

1. Elijah Owens Simon SK
2. Ethan Frank Scott 
3. Bryan Spahr CC 
4. Mike Meyer Walton
5. Michael Davis Cooper

1. Jake Erdman Ryle
2. Stephen Maggard CC
3. Colin Roth Walton
4. Derek Wiley Conner
5..Anthony Ashford Scott
6. Kyle Hensley Cooper

1. Sean Fausz CC
2. Jacob Beret Newport
3. Jordan Kidwell Cooper
4. Chris Lawson Conner
5. Cody Roland Scott

1. Clay Brown Walton
2. Austin Jackson Dixie
3. Chance Lutes Simon SK
4. Tristin Badida Conner
5. Cole Kirkland Ryle

1. Andrew Bailey Cooper
2. Eli Sowder Scott
3. Jack Dome Ryle
4. Dru Shoerer  Boone
5. Jared Stadtmiller  CC

1. Jon Belk Ryle
2. Casey Cornett SK
3. Sam Schwachter Scott
4. Trey Downton CC
Out but not forgotten Logan Jones

1. Johnny Meiman Ryle
2. Dustin Turner CC
3. Derek Hicks SK
4. Hunter Bailey Cooper
5. Justin Wetherell, Scott
Out but not forgotten Jacob Warwick

1. Eli Matthews CC
2. Braden Jones Boone Co
3. Ryan Wolf Ryle
4. Gage Jones Newport
5. Chris Risch Dixie Heights
6. Andrew Madden Conner

1. Trevor Thompson Conner
2. Elijah Miller Scott
3. Brett Graziani CC
4. Josh Mullins Newport
5. Jake Navey Walton
6. Nick Bachman Cooper

1. Austin Myers
2. Tucker Mueller SK
3. Ahmad Hameidan Boone County (if he goes 220)
4. Andre Anderson Newport
5. Michael Weber Ryle

Heavys

1. Brandon Johnson Dixie Heights
2. Nick Sinclair CC
3. Gabe Platt Conner
4. Ahmad Hameidan Boone County
5. Austin Miller Cooper
6. Derick Applegate

Sinclair just won Fairfield invite beat the rumble champ who beat unions hvy !!!!

And placed higher than the Dixie kid last week at leauge championships or conference or whatever it was Sinclair is 1 and will win the region he and Myers are like two peas in a pod it's to late for anyone to catch Sinclair now in reg 6 he's on the rise , but hvy is a funny class anything can happen , he's the numbe 1 in six though on paper for sure

Thompson will be tough to beat at 195 training hard and easily beat Miller with a show of athleticism most though he did not have , he should be a state champ at All Tech .

Wasn't at Connor saw conference , it wasn't close a win is a win and two wins are better than none ,

Still perhaps Miller is returning to expected form it would be nice !!

Heavyweights are hard to rank. I watched Sinclair beat Platt who beat Johnson and could see an argument of whose the best true heavyweight. You said it best when you said anything can happen. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the seeding beings as they've never wrestled each other this year. It could go either way as to whose the number 1 seed but Sinclair by winning the NKAC should get it imho and I do think it will be a fun match up should both reach the finals. I've seen Johnson lose 2 matches in person this year but I'd still never count him out of anything.

As far as Miller goes you can definately see how much he's worked and has improved dramatically over last year but Thompson clearly is still the man to beat in Region 6 as far as 195 goes. The 4 of them should be quite the battle at the bluegrass with Darius Parrot - Trevor Thompson and Miller and Devin Morrow has improved alot this year is well and is still undefeated like 28-0 I believe as of this update. I give the slightest edge to Parrot winning it all but Trevor is a beast on the mat and I think it will be low scoring matches because Parrott is a leg rider and is very good at it but hard to ride legs if your on the bottom lol and I know Trevor can get him there and so can Miller.

As my name reads I'm a fan of wrestling. I can't predict who will win every match I've missed a few this year . My rankings are for the average Joe that loves wrestling and when going to there sons match they get a basic of idea of whose doing what. I'm no Ranger either this is for a fun hobby and hopefully some get enjoyment out of my postings. I just do the best I can on the weights that I know the best and with the region I love the most. I noticed region 3 coaches have started doing a coaches poll for there regions rankings and the guy that does region 1 does a great job on breaking down that region. It's fun to give a guideline on what to expect. It's just like the Ashford kid winning the Conner tourney the only way I'll ever know it is if someone posts it. I'm always amazed at the number of results that are still not posted anywhere (such as track or high school scorebook or Kap or Baumspage or yappi or Indianamat... Heck I'm still looking for last years full Dragon tourney results SMH. Best of luck to all !

Just posting from results not judging or bashing anyone's rankings they are all good and the debates are what makes them fun , Sinclair win NKAC and just beat the Rumble Winner thus my Conclusion he should easily be 1 in region six ,

Thompson beats Miller by one as reported and pins him in the first a week or so ago thus he is clearly a cut above him - cut and dry .

It's all good stuff and thanks for the rankings few can even attempt them .

Wasn't at Connor saw conference , it wasn't close a win is a win and two wins are better than none ,

Still perhaps Miller is returning to expected form it would be nice !!

Miller has been very, very good, if not excellent this year, and has performed as expected, basically pinning everyone.  The match at conference Vs. Thompson was kind of a fluke.  Miller got caught in a bad position and Thompson pulled off a high risk move that paid off.  That match wasn't indicative of how close they are.  Thompson definitely has the edge right now, but they are pretty close.  Thompson has been struggling with a knee issue all year too, which if it doesn't heal, could cause problems for him down the road this year.  

I have seen Trevor wrestle the last few yrs , I wouldn't call his acrobatic move a fluke it's a darn good wrestler taking advantage of opportunity ,

I like both kids , I don't like people preying on someone's injury in hopes of a win . As I said two wins are better than none and as I have noticed of late pinning a bunch of sub par kids is no great fear for a good wrestler , the odds begin to favor a stud losing against a another the more they wrestle but I still see Thompson winning I saw nothing at all in the match at conference to indicate anything different and a close match later probably just indicates Trevor protecting his 1 spot and bit wrestling lose .

I have seen Trevor wrestle the last few yrs , I wouldn't call his acrobatic move a fluke it's a darn good wrestler taking advantage of opportunity ,

I like both kids , I don't like people preying on someone's injury in hopes of a win . As I said two wins are better than none and as I have noticed of late pinning a bunch of sub par kids is no great fear for a good wrestler , the odds begin to favor a stud losing against a another the more they wrestle but I still see Thompson winning I saw nothing at all in the match at conference to indicate anything different and a close match later probably just indicates Trevor protecting his 1 spot and bit wrestling lose .

Thompson definitely has the edge right now, no doubt.  I just think the last match is just closer to reality about how close these two are.  Nobody's preying on Thompson's knee to try to hurt him.  I'm just saying that the injury could limit him and cause problems if it doesn't heal quickly.  Miller's only beaten Thompson once, and Thompson deserves to be more highly rated.  It just seems that you're not giving Miller that much credit at all for what he's accomplished.  

One thing I will say about Trevor is he is a "gamer". He turns it on when he needs too.

What's really going to hurt Trevor is losing Jacob W for the season. That was his drill partner and losing him has a chance to hurt him come State. Now I don't personally think it will because Trevor is too motivated but I could...

Knowing Trevor's style, If he stays on the head and aggressive he will win a state title. If he wrestles defensive and on his heals he wont. Will North Hardin be at any tournament Conner is at? Would love to see them meet up before state. 

It's not that I'm not giving Miller enough credit it's just that I saw great potential and skill last yr from him and i read the build up of the match and was looking forward to it and when I saw him wrestle Thompson I was a bit let down he appeared out of shape to me he was defeated quickly and confidently by Thompson who if anyone thinks will lose a step because of losing a sub par partner I think will find themselves badly mistaken - if nothing else he has went elsewhere and found better partners - its what champions do , his sr yr he has went where he had to to win weight wise and practice / partner wise he totally dominated that match Miller seemed to fall prey to the hype and Thompsons aggressive style and now has to overcome two losses , he has nothing to lose so he can actually relax and go for it and see what happens !!

I have a question for you fellows, Is it true that Tucker Mueller of Simon Kenton may have the true potential to give ATM a true challenge for the region and state title? Now, I did get to see Austin wrestle at Nationals down at VA Beach last year and the kid from NJ who was a monster by the way hardly challenged him. I am not saying Mr. Mueller is not a great wrestler by any means but I just feel like he would have made more noise by now if he was that talented. So please give me the skinny on this situation. Maybe, I missed something on Tucker and if so I apologize but I just have not heard a whole lot about him until just recently.

Austin pinned him in 27 seconds at GMVA finals and in thirty something at Confernce they did not wrestle at dual qualifiers no one wrestled Austin he had Three forfeits , I don't see any Ky wrestlers in his class lasting three with him this yr I got money if any one wants to place a bet :)

And Tucker is good he beat the Ohio wrestler who beat the fourth ranked Georgia wrestler from Archer that some of the Ohio faithful were wondering / hoping would give Austin a match at GMVA Tucker is a sophmore I believe in a rough spot in his region and state , I expect he will be a dominant state champ if he keeps it up but he will not beat Austin - no one in Ohio or KY will .

• Downvote 1

So I been thinking all year, why doesn't Mueller just do what Bryant did last yr and go heavy? Some of the heavies seem to have trouble with the smaller g u s, could be a better shot to win it all.

Not so sure Sinclair ,Campbell's heavy , soundly beat Mueller at The Dual qualifier and pinned him last yr when he bumped up .most thought he had the pin again last week .

Bryant was an excellent and powerful athlete same as Mueller but to a higher degree and Bryant was a Sr Mueller a Soph a big difference between the two .

Bryant was probably the last KY wrestler who could have challenged for the 220 title he had the strength and ability but I do not think he had anywhere near the knowledge and time on the mat that Austin had at that time and this yr being a Jr and more developed Myers is a different beast , the only thing that slows him down is injuries that he seems to start every year off with due to playing on a good foitball team and getting in a couple playoff games , the only difference between him and most kids at his level or who claim to be , he doesn't set in the bleachers till hes 100% he does his job, always has always will . Mueller is a stud no doubt not on the level physically Bryant was last yr being only a soph and a different type of person IMHO he is probably a better wrestler just not as powerful .

Bryant and Mueller are different situations.   Bryant came in at over 230.   Only cut down for state duals on the chance that him and Myers might get to wrestle.   After that weekend he went back to the weight room putting on as much muscle as possible.   Dline coaches want every player to be big.  Also I think coaches thought he might get to wrestle Mueller.    We just missed out on some good matches.  That being said Myers would have won.  It would have been nice to watch.  Power and quickness would have been very close for Myers and Bryant, but Myers experience wrestling top flight opponents would have given him the edge.

Would have been good but I seriously do not think he cut to 220 to wrestle Myers at duals , like the older Myers did to wrestle Cooper again there , not hard to figure Trinity would not see Campbell County there and had they wanted the match they would have been sure to get it at state a few weeks later , I do not think those next few weeks putting on weight would have made a difference in college , Bryant would have handled Mueller without little problem he was handling the heavies without much effort Mueller list to CCs heavy last yr so i eouldnt give him much chance against te hvy champ ,He played it safe got his title and missed a shot at possibly beating ATM not that I think he would have as I agree with your take on it but he possibly had the ability and power although Myers had beaten a couple already and one as a fresh that I think would have beaten Bryant , for a kid not wrestling on the next level and wanting to go out a champ in his state he did the right thing , for someone chasing a shot at being in one of the best matches ever in the state he did not , both of them beat Young last yr Myers who weighs 235 +or - any given day of foitball season bumped up to wrestle him and had a good one last yr . I think Bryant won Khsaa wrestler of the yr last yr !

Sign in to follow this