Sign in to follow this  
pushthepace

Section 1 Duals

Today I drove out to Fort Campbell for the Section 1 Duals. As expected Union County breezed through the day. The fans were LOUD!!! The refs were not so great!! Caldwells 145 pounder should have been disqualified on at least two occasions today. It is kids like this that make wrestlers look like jackasses and give the sport a bad image. If I was his coach he would be sitting at home playing x-box. He really gives their team and coaches a bad image but I guess they do not mind that. There were a few good matches on the day as well. The most exciting match was against Caldwell and Fort Campbell's 145s. The disheartening issue is that the ref really showed his lack of competence in this match. All I could say was WOW! How can you not disqualify a kid for throwing his head gear across the mat when the match is not over. Any way, it was worth the trip I must say. The only thing I could say about the day is Fort Campbell needs to choose more wisely with their refs.

Today I drove out to Fort Campbell for the Section 1 Duals. As expected Union County breezed through the day. The fans were LOUD!!! The refs were not so great!! Caldwells 145 pounder should have been disqualified on at least two occasions today. It is kids like this that make wrestlers look like jackasses and give the sport a bad image. If I was his coach he would be sitting at home playing x-box. He really gives their team and coaches a bad image but I guess they do not mind that. There were a few good matches on the day as well. The most exciting match was against Caldwell and Fort Campbell's 145s. The disheartening issue is that the ref really showed his lack of competence in this match. All I could say was WOW! How can you not disqualify a kid for throwing his head gear across the mat when the match is not over. Any way, it was worth the trip I must say. The only thing I could say about the day is Fort Campbell needs to choose more wisely with their refs.

Not sure if everyone is doing it yet, but coaches don't pick officials. There is an assigning secretary, so you're stuck with what you get.

Put your name on it!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this