Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

NKAC REGION 6 RANKINGS DEC 29TH

NKAC REGION 6 RANKINGS DEC 29TH

Region 6

106 (The hardest class for me)

1.Joey Skaggs   Dixie if he's not at 113 ?
2. Brady Wells    CC
3. Tyler Holub     Scott
4. Clayton Boyd  Conner
5. Travis Coovert Boone Co

1. Mason Smith.... Walton
2. Dominic Castellano Dixie
3. Cody Huston Cooper
4. Spencer Carpenter SK (Added)
5. Collin Barrett CC
6. Clint Chaffee Ryle
7. Chris Vaske Boone

1. Logan Erdman Ryle
2. Brad Krebs CC
3. Brent Taylor Boone Co
4. Dale Hensley Scott
5. Thomas Kloentrup Simon Kenton
6. Jake Peace Walton

1. Bryan Spahr CC
2. Elijah Owens Simon SK
3. Ethan Frank Scott
4. Mike Meyer Walton
5. Michael Davis Cooper

1. Jake Erdman Ryle
2. Stephen Maggard CC
3. Colin Roth Walton
4. Derek Wiley Conner
5. Tony Ashford Scott (Added)
6. Kyle Hensley Cooper

1. Sean Fausz CC
2. Jacob Beret Newport
3. Jordan Kidwell Cooper
4. Chris Lawson Conner

1. Clay Brown Walton
2. Austin Jackson Dixie (Currently at 152)
3. Chance Lutes Simon SK
4. Tristin Badida Conner

1. Andrew Bailey Cooper
2. Eli Sowder Scott
3. Jack Dome Ryle
4. Dru Shoerer  Boone

1. Logan Jones Walton
2. Sam Schwacter Scott
3. Jon Belk Ryle
4. Casey Cornett Simon SK

1. Johnny Meiman Ryle
2. Dustin Turner CC
3. Derek Hicks Simon SK  (currently 182) and not sure what weight he will be at
4. Hunter Bailey Cooper
5. Andrew Madden Conner

1. Eli Matthews CC
2. Braden Jones Boone Co
3. Jacob Warwick Conner
4. Gage Jones Newport (Derek Hicks will be 4 seed here if he stays 182 ??)
5. Ryan Wolf Ryle
6. Chris Risch Dixie Heights

(This ones a tricky one ! )

1. Elijah Miller Scott
1. Trevor Thompson Conner
3. Jake Navey Walton
4. Brett Graziani CC

It's a tough call on to whom they give the 1 seed I say it's about even. Miller can get out of Thompsons shadow if he defeats him this Friday .... Miller has had a very strong year and Trevors been wrestling 220 and has been hurt but look for him to be ready to go Friday. I have to say that this will be one of the top 3 most anticipated match ups of the day !

1. Austin Myers
2. Tucker Mueller SK
3. Josh Mullins Newport
4. Alex Sanders Cooper

Heavys

1. Brandon Johnson Dixie Heights
2. Nick Sinclair CC
3. Ahmad Hameidan Boone County
4. Austin Miller Cooper

Tony Ashford from Scott pinned Kyle Hensley this weekend at the Derby Classic and should be somewhere on the list at 132.  Spencer Carpenter from SK beat Colin Barrett from CC at the GMVWA at 113 and probably belongs on the list.

Belk will do well at 152... Bailey has wrestled well hopefully Dru Shoerer gets healthy if he does he's also a very strong 152 and who knows what Austin Jackson might do from Dixie. If he goes 152 he also will do very well.

Which Jones are you talking about ?

Mark my word... If Thompson is at 195 he will beat Miller handily-

Also will this be ran as a dual tournament? Individual? When I wrestled in it we had a dual tournament my senior year, individual tournament my junior year and sophomore year, and my freshman year I feel like we wrestled two teams Ryle and SK and that was it.

More fuel for Millers fire! He likes being the underdog! Guess we will find out, they wrestle each other the next several weeks in row. I believe they will be real close matches and could go either way.

• Upvote 1

Logan Jones is a hard worker. He's traveled with my nephew on Spatolas trips and this truly sickens me. I wish him and his family only the best. A great wrestler is out and there is no win win situation with any of this. He would have contended very well for a state title this year and there are very very few wrestlers that can say that. I know he will be succesful at no matter what he decides to do in life.

Individual with team results

Good job with these predictions fow6. Knowing what weight some of these kids are going is a tough thing at times. Minus a few injuries you had a lot of these weights pretty close. I can tell you know something about the local wrestling scene in NKY. Again good job and keep 'em coming! btw…….if you were there, what you think of my young Eagles?

Scott is right on the cusp of big things.  They struggled in the finals round, and Schwacters bad back really held him back, but considering they have 7 juniors (3 2nd place finishers, 2 3rd place finishers, a 4th and 5th)  2 sophomores (1 2nd place and 1 4th place finish), a Freshman (that finished 3rd) and an 8th grader (that finished tied for 5th) in their lineup, Scott will be a tough team to deal with over the rest of this year and next.

Thanks about the rankings I try my best but there's always a few kids I'm going to miss and there are several injuries some major such as Logan Jones (WV) even though there not in the NKAC it still has a big void for region 6 being out for season, Jacob Warwick (Conner) out for season, Dustin Turner (CC) out for several weeks. There are a few others that will be back very soon. I was there from the semi's until the end and was really impressed not just with Scott but alot of the kids and teams. Scott is going to be (already good) but very strong the next couple of years. What's changed now vs even 4 years ago is the parody amongst the wrestlers. In most weight classes you have 1 or 2 very dominant kids but even they can be beaten as proven yesterday when an unranked kid by myself, Ranger and or anyone else pinned a top 5 kid in the state. The kids are becoming more equal and improving so much that it could even change before the year is up in some weight classes.

Some of the kids who I noticed a big improvement or just growth are. Derek Hicks SK- Gabe Platt Conner- Ryan Wolf Ryle-and even though he was pinned in round 1 you can tell Miller from Scott has improved his strength. Trevor's just a beast but his technical skills go unnoticed at times and he's slick when he has to be. Many of the lighter weight class kids impressed me. You can tell from the youth programs that wrestling here in region 6 is going to remain the areas top region for many years to come. But the parody around the state is growing every weekend not just here but you sure can see it here too ! Great NKAC (as far as matches anyway) The crowd seemed kinda sparce & it didn't have that championship atmosphere imho but it always does for the wrestlers. So yell at grandma and uncles and brothers and sisters say hey you need to come too lol ! For love of the sport... Fanofwrestling6

The crowd was low probably because it was held on a friday.  Unless you are a teacher or student most people had to work, and don't get home till 5 or 6.

I'm not sure why the NKAC was held on a friday.  Probably because the NKAC is not that important of a tourney to the local coaches anymore, and they wanted to still wrestle on that Sat. 

If you want the NKAC to be important again then you need to make it important.  It is one of the few times that the local teams get together and compete against each other.  CC, SK, and Ryle spend most of their season out of state and never see the local teams.  This event needs to become more important again.  The NKAC has taken a backseat to a lot of schools, heck we have even had teams not send their varsity teams to the NKAC a few times. 

Sign in to follow this