Sign in to follow this  
7UP

Middle School Wrestlers at the HS Level

What Middle School Wrestlers do you think will have an outstanding HS career once they get to High School? I'm talking about kids that are still in Middle School.

And what incoming Freshman will have stellar careers at the HS Level as well?

Region 1 has a couple names getting thrown around. The Oxford brothers out of Union are among the biggest. Still in middle school are a couple of Caleb Ervin's younger brothers, Saul should be hitting the scene within the next few years. In terms of big family names, Diion Leavell has a lot of talk surrounding him. Fort Campbell has two middle school state placers with high school experience in Corbin Ryder and Luie Regaldo. Finally still a loooong ways out from high school, UHA's Gavin Brown is going to be a stud. There are a couple names I left out, especially from Union's team. But this is a decent overview of the region

There are quite a few middle school wrestlers that I would imagine will have great high school careers. Here are a few that come to mind

Blake Roth

Ryan Moore

Shay Horton

Trenton Johnson

Samuel Grandstaff

Jacob Grandstaff

Tylan tucker

Thomas ketchum carter

Dylan gray

Zane brown

Nate wheeler

These are all solid wrestlers that train during the off season.

Here are the incoming freshman I think have potential to do some great things in high school

Bryce scheffer

Dallas miles

Brady wells

Tanner yenter

A lot of things could change but hopefully all of these wrestlers will continue work. I'm sure I have left off a few names but these are the ones that came to mind.

Good luck to them all. I wish them all the best.

As much a like both boys, I dont see a senerio where Brady, Tanner, Krebs, and Moore are in the starting lineup for CC this year. I don't see any of these four beating CC, 112 pounder last year, who is probably going to be 120 this season. That means Krebs will more than likely wrestle off Moore at 112, which I give the edge to Krebs. Then at 106 you have Brady, Tanner, and Hahn all battling it out at this weight.

Yeah the best I see Maggard at is 120 (big maybe) probably more like 126.

He looked pretty solid at the Dennis Hall camp. I think he was weighing around 135 at that time.

And from what I've seen this off season, Ryan Moore will be a major Issue for anyone in the CC room from 106-113. He has put the time in and he looks very impressive!

As far as incoming freshman:

Bryce sheffer - one of the best middle school careers ever in KY; already shown success at the high school level; great style for success at the next level and a great kid

Max Andreoni - big strong kid who also showed last season that he is ready to compete with the big boys

Jared Branch - had injury that prevented him from competing in high school post season, but has the talent to compete

HM: Dallas Miles, Brady Wells, Tanner Yenter, Casey Cornett, Diion Leavell

Younger guys: I've watched Blake Roth, Ryan Moore, and Mason Smith work their tails off and all have the drive to continue getting better and better. Tylan Tucker looked great this season and even better nationally after the season and I expect him to continue to progress. Tom Ketchen-Carter is a little beast who has just scratched the surface of his potential. Trent Johnson has a great resource right at "home" to keep him on the path to be a successful high school wrestler. You know Saul Ervin will be a winner at the next level.

McCreary has a couple freshmen that will do well throughout their HS careers; Dylan Payne and Ryan Strunk. Some 8th graders who will also do well when they get to HS is Nathan Prosser and Seth Anderson. Nathan Prosser will be seeing action with the HS this year! There are several more middle kids that will make an impact when they get to HS and the elementary has many kids that are working hard and are proving to be tough wrestlers! McCreary's program will continue to produce strong wrestlers!

Got to watch Andreoni some today at our open mats. Kid will be a beast the next 4 yrs. I thought he was strong back early in the spring. He has put on over 10 pounds of solid muscle.