Sign in to follow this  
125in2009

Seneca

I can def see Seneca winning it this year, but I think Trinity will give them a little scare. I can see Daniel Smith (Trinity's 103) taking Martin from Seneca.  He has improved a lot over the summer. It wil def be a good regional match. I can see Watkins taking the 125 championship, and I think Lewis (160) and Kelly (140) from Trinity will be solid in regional.  I don't know much about Seneca but there is no doubt, there good. I think there good enough to win region, but I def think Trinity will be right there with them until the end.  It should be interesting.

seneca.....martin has improved a whole lot.....he went undefeated in michigan... and wont let smith beat him..... chiu, we all know what he is capable.... it is to my knowlegde that chiu distroyed watkins and fuller goes toe to toe with chiu.... you do the math.... good day

oh reginaled........... i disagree

I don't see Seneca being as strong this year.  They only have 4 ranked in the top 5 of individual weight classes.

They should be just as strong as last season.  They lost 6 seniors from a tough team that finished 7th (0.5 points behind Oldham Co for 6th).  2 of those guys went 0-2 at state.  The other 4 guys went a combines 14-8, but only Hooper and Poulton finished with a medal.  The 8 returning state qualifiers all won matches and went a combined 23-18 with 4 winning medals.  From what I'm hearing those guys are not bumping up in weight and should be pretty strong at their weights.  Plus, I'm sure they will bring in a young guy or two to fill in the holes.  They probably won't challenge for the state title, but will definitely be in the running for a regional title and top 10 at state.

I agree about Coach Anderson, he is one of the best at developing wrestlers. Seneca has a good returning group and because of Coach Anderson they will be a much better team later in the season.

seneca has some young talken this year, look out for Loften Wright at 160, he is a freshmen and was a middle school state champ in 8th grade

What about Jeff Warra at 112....he should be much better this year after having a good first season..