Sign in to follow this  
bocowrestling

MS State Observations

Thanks pioneer. That was one of my highlights for the weekend. Seeing the faces on those kids in those singlets.

I bet it was ranger. I dont know if you remember my original bling bling flava flav style medals but Ill always remember some of the kids faces as we wheeled out those gigantic medals at state. Making it special for the kids is the reward you get for having everyone take swings at you online.

I bet it was ranger. I dont know if you remember my original bling bling flava flav style medals but Ill always remember some of the kids faces as we wheeled out those gigantic medals at state. Making it special for the kids is the reward you get for having everyone take swings at you online.

Oh yeah. Just changed them this year. Those were great. We just blinged them up a little more.

Have a 1st and 4th hanging up here. Love em.

Are the singlets a idea that will stick around for years to come?

The plan is to continue it. Grapplemonster sponsored most of the cost and plans to continue it.

The singlets and newly redesigned medals were top notch. Nice touch!

Agree 100% !! High school should take that into consideration.

The plan is to continue it. Grapplemonster sponsored most of the cost and plans to continue it.
The singlet idea is one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a while. Nice touch guys!

Great event , I have been around ms wrestling for a few years now and the state tournament gets better each year. The singlets and medals were great. Nice job done by all.

After reading this I have a headache.

One thing that surprises me about the 5 match rule change is that you are able to get referrees. See what a lot (not all) of people do not know is that the 5 match rule has nothing to do with the coaches or associations. It is all about the liability of the referrees. I would be shocked that you would have officials willing to put their livlihoods on the line so a kid can get his/her fifth match to determine if they are 5th or 6th. That may be harsh but we live in a sue happy society now.

I do recommend that most of you on here who have problems with things attend the meeting and come with solutions. I know Ranger very well and know he is willing to listen. I learned along time ago that everyone has a problem something but the only true way to fix it is to provide ideas and solutions rather than just complain.

Finally, I know this is a public forum for everyone to put out their feelings and opinions. As someone who has run many things in wrestling I use this as a way to see what issues people have. I have been told that I am piece of a trash on here, I run terrible tournaments, etc. The bottom line is I challenge throwing stones to bring solutions to the table. More will get done that way rather than putting people down while hiding behind a screen name.

OK....of my Soap Box.

PS IWIN....is your bigger fish to fry the HS Coaches Association....Just Kidding.