Slow ride

Top 8 in every weight class

Does someone want to take a swing at predicting the top 8 for state, maybe say the great mpire. Many good tournaments since the last rankings. Nobody can match the power of the great ranger, he is the man.

Lol I follow two classes and anyone around them close the rest is just for fun or some interesting kids here or there , I do plan on keeping my eye on the 40 - 55 lb youth guys though ,

Actually it could be fun but I would mess it all up

I think doing like top 12-15 is easier. I'm doing just the 170's and can tell you without a doubt that's it's almost impossible to do a top 8 because the wrestlers I have listed are so balanced between 4 through 15 on any given day I know that it can happen. Well in fact it just did with Ryder 15th (my rankings) defeating Mink (6)my rankings. I doubt I could do a top 8 lol. I'd hate to leave that 9th guy off there . In my rankings for the 170 the 9th ranked kid just finished 3rd at the dragon and lost to Canter the champion by1 point !

In my rankings for the 170 the 9th ranked kid just finished 3rd at the dragon and lost to Canter the champion by1 point !

Maybe you have underestimated him.

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to say anything about 170 but if you combined 145 - 170 , would the top eight have more 170s or more from the lower weight classes . There is your problem in ranking them and why they are so chaotic .

Jmho but when looking at it that way it's probably the truth ,

I'm not going to say anything about 170 but if you combined 145 - 170 , would the top eight have more 170s or more from the lower weight classes . There is your problem in ranking them and why they are so chaotic .

Jmho but when looking at it that way it's probably the truth ,

Your wanting stir up trouble there lmao.... Do I think Stephen would be #1 I would say probably but Canter is extremely tough as

well and of course with Cooper and French but... That's why they do have weight classes :-)

No just being serious , I think Lampe at 45 and 52 , cooper , French , Stephen , and probably a couple more would

Make top eight at 170 making lane and Canter the top two and I also think turner is up there as well but I was making a point you have a few you know are good then it's chaos , same as other classes I guess but if things were proper each class would get tougher and tougher and I'm not so sure it's not that way , I would like to see Stephen wrestle Meiman and others , he has wrestled lane , and I think French is very good and Lampe I on the verge of greatness

Tennesee only ranks their placers along with a "To watch" list, frankly I hate it. I much prefer what Ranger does with the much larger rankings. I always try to take my cue from how people handle College, and thus I always favor a Top 20/25. I only do 6 for my region because it is a nice round number that first every weight and I don't have to type that much.

Top two 220 are clear cut , and I think mueller is up there as well .

Rangers rankings are very neat he ranks top 25 or so which is insanely tough but nearly impossible .

The top 8 with some to watch actually sounds cool ,

Top two 220 are clear cut , and I think mueller is up there as well .

Rangers rankings are very neat he ranks top 25 or so which is insanely tough but nearly impossible .

The top 8 with some to watch actually sounds cool ,

See I get to look at from a different prospective. I don't have 2 sons that are probably 2 of the best to ever step on the mats in the bluegrass. I have a nephew that has worked his tail off after struggling in middle school to become a possible state placer (butfirst has to get out of this super tough region 6) I enjoy watching the kids strive to reach Rangers rankings in the top 25. My nephew made the list for the first time middle of the season last year. It was quite the thrill for him knowing that his hard work paid off. I love the way Ranger does his rankings and I think it's something that your average high school wrestler strives for.

That's great , my sons particularly my 220 has worked his butt of since he was 5 or 6 and that's no lie we just got back from a nice go at the gym just as usual , he has moved from a school he loved for years to train with some of the best wrestlers in history then moved a few more times , as for dues you will never meet any wrestler in your life that has paid as much as he has at his age , no boasting no bragging no bs , as for Stephen he trained the same way went through the same hardships except his weight and sise always had the best wrestlers on the planet in it , as probably only Mr Boston would understand , battles with Whitford Harding , Heil , Collica and so on and so on , only difference is I was much harder on Stephen he was my first i expected him to lead and always be better than Austin and he has led the way ,

Sorry to ramble but you don't get to be one of the best without paying more dues or doing more , you just don't wake up and be very good it's time suffering and work .... Sorry if I stated how I felt about 220 , I'm sure some will surprise , good luck to them I admire all wrestlers greatly ,

But I play the game like a champ and i know who has paid his dues and what they can and do ATM is going to win 220 no doubt in my mind ,

He is in a position to do things that have never been done before , so he will do them .

And people will love him for it and who he is , even the people he beats eventually ,

Hope your nephew makes it out , 6 is tough with a couple studs to get past the Ryle kid aint no slouch either , I see your dilemma , good thing Thompson dropped or it would be totally insane .

Got you and the previous poster confused / combined / my bad for getting long winded and defensive have your nephew drill with Austin anytime , sorry

That's great , my sons particularly my 220 has worked his butt of since he was 5 or 6 and that's no lie we just got back from a nice go at the gym just as usual , he has moved from a school he loved for years to train with some of the best wrestlers in history then moved a few more times , as for dues you will never meet any wrestler in your life that has paid as much as he has at his age , no boasting no bragging no bs , as for Stephen he trained the same way went through the same hardships except his weight and sise always had the best wrestlers on the planet in it , as probably only Mr Boston would understand , battles with Whitford Harding , Heil , Collica and so on and so on , only difference is I was much harder on Stephen he was my first i expected him to lead and always be better than Austin and he has led the way ,

Sorry to ramble but you don't get to be one of the best without paying more dues or doing more , you just don't wake up and be very good it's time suffering and work .... Sorry if I stated how I felt about 220 , I'm sure some will surprise , good luck to them I admire all wrestlers greatly ,

But I play the game like a champ and i know who has paid his dues and what they can and do ATM is going to win 220 no doubt in my mind ,

He is in a position to do things that have never been done before , so he will do them .

And people will love him for it and who he is , even the people he beats eventually ,

Hope your nephew makes it out , 6 is tough with a couple studs to get past the Ryle kid aint no slouch either , I see your dilemma , good thing Thompson dropped or it would be totally insane

Got you and the previous poster confused / combined / my bad for getting long winded and defensive have your nephew drill with Austin anytime , sorry

Thanks .. I may take you up on that seriously. He's 170 but will probably go to 182 next year. As for work ethic I know how much your kids have put into it . There's a reason why there the best. You weren't being defensive at all .

Ok cool

, I thought your nephew was 220 , 170 is tough as well with Lane and Meiman and Turner , it's rough all over .and yes Austin is up for training all the time ...

So is anybody actually going to predict the top eight in each weight class? Maybe Mpire, raider, fanofwrestling6?????

Seems like you all have a lot to say on this topic. Lets get at it.

I'm too lazy to do a top 8, but I'll give you my top 2.

106-#1 Joey Skaggs DH #2 John Hernandez HC

113-#1 Nathan Boston WC #2 Jason Hall Moore

120-#1 Trae Blackwell UC #2 Hudson Heidorf Tri

126-#1 Brock Ervin UC #2 Kyle Lawson WC

132-#1 Sean Fauz CC #2 Wade Willen UH

138-#1 Jayce Carr UC #2 Paul Hamilton CC

145-#1 Tevon Clay FC #2 Justin Lampe St. X

152-#1 Kevin Cooper SK #2 Dominic Lampe St. X

160-#1 Stephen Myers CC #2 Hunter French St. X

170-#1 Caleb Canter LC #2 Lane Jones WV

182-#1 Hiero Chamblee SK #2 Justin McDaniel Moore

195-#1 Wade Holtzclaw JH #2 Sam Preston JC

220-#1 Austin Myers CC #2 Tucker Fair MC

HWT-#1 Zach Troxell Wayne Co. #2 Bobby Bryant Trin

Team Champs-Campbell Co.

Runner Up- St. X

Third place- Union Co.

Quick pin-Bobby Bryant Trin

MOW- With 5 first period pins, Austin Myers

Good guesses if everyone goes where You have them , a few who could switch up finals I would bet though , of course I'm wing a homer but Mathews for 1 and Turner for 2 :) maybe Adams at 126 or 132 not sure , seems Thompson could challenge at 195 not sure about his injury or some of the others. Judging from Bryant's performance at hvy he would probably be my 1.

I don't know tucker fair or many of the 220 , CC Has battled Ohio and Nky all year and I missed 1 Ky tourny they were in , saw the rumble though and it seemed a good measuring stick , - the union studs and Cooper and I can't remember did Hiero do Iron man instead of The Rumble ,

Top eight is hard to figure , at 170 with all the talk there is probably 4 to 6 that could win , going on experience Lane or Canter , should win going by last week - Canter , going by my Homer heart , Lane ,

Not sure about Cooper I have heard he has had injuries bothering him all yr , if he wrestles like he did at Gmva and the other times I have seen him he wins as he did last week at 152 . Stephen going back to 160 may have a few kinks in a short time to work out but I have seen him beat studs that could win a state title in almost any state nearly every week , he takes 160 , 145 , Lampe should win he seems hungry and hardworking and fierce , 138 ? Back packs and Bird nests .

132 Fausz , sharp as a razor . 126 Brock ,

120 I have seen Heidorf he is tough and my boys say Blackwell is legit so I go with their take on it , Blackwell .

113 Boston

106 I wouldnt have a clue , except it's some kid that needs to grow if he plans on wrestling in college , or the Bindner kid with a freshman upset that kids like him are capable of , and people like me like to see , As long as CC still wins .

I like the darkhorse pick mine was Hiero last yr and he came through , strange enough this yr I would pick Mathews , I saw him beat a kid that few in Ky ever could have dreamed of beating and even with the kid being injured it was one of those moments where you get the feeling some things are gonna go someone's way , 1 because they never stop and 2 because that's what luck is taking advantage of opportunity , when you are a buss saw luck comes your way in wrestling , unless your wrestling someone who just refuses to be scored on like some kid I know .

The only way most of us normal people could pick top eight is to look off of results . So everyone could try it .

Everything is a guesstimation , mow is a coaches opinion , and fastest pin , I don't know kids know who can pin and will run to avoid that dishonor so it's anyone's to grab , most pins in least time still a guessing game Bryant and Austin are probably top candidates with everyone else light years behind , Stephen did well

Last yr but his class has ... More skilled wrestlers than ATM and Bryant's , and heavier kids pin more often due to the nature of the class ,

5 first period pins would probably win an OW in any state , but it didn't win ATM an OW at GMVWA so who knows ,

Steph and Cooper chasing three will

Be front runners , same as Brock , and then there's the big upset guy who shakes up the rankings ,

I think everyone already saw the best match of the yr honestly , unless ATM and Bryant clash , and probably even then , honestly I am tired of my kids being under the gun and the microscope , but it's all about to snowball ,

Big wins this yr at state , all the current state champs , a couple freshman , Fausz and Mathews being AAs , Lampe/ Lampes , being on the verge and having the best match last yr , The top freshman Bindner and Meiman ,

Brock with a chance for 5 ? Correct , and ATM with a chance for a first at four at his weight a massive win streak and looking ahead to another NHSCA run , And probably being the best non sr and possibly anyway freestyle and Greco wrestler in the state . Jmo of course untill he proves it shortly ,

There that's a long boring post that will keep everyones mind of of top eight for a minute .

Time better spent talking about matters at hand like the duals this weekend .

Gus Adams was kind of a toss up for me. He could definately land in the top 2. Tucker Fair is a big strong kid. Pretty hard nosed, more or less a dark horse. Its no fun picking all the same as Ranger. Binder will be on the podium, but this Skaggs kid looked pretty slick to me. He's not being talked up as much as others, but he definately shows up to wrestle. If Hamilton brings his A game, he's capable of knocking off Carr. It's very possible that 145 Lampe could win it, just throwing it out there that the Clay kid is tough. To me, there are 5 bet the farm Champs. Boston, Fauz, Ervin, SAM, and ATM.

1).   boston                        wood

2).   dezember                   union

3).   hall                             moore

4).   rearic                          laf

1).   blackwell                    union

2).   whalen                       h.c.

3).   duncan                       tri

4).   adams                        ryle

1).   ervin                           union

2).   parrot                          s k

3).   lawson                        wood

4).   shirkey                        old

1).   fausz                          c c

2).   kahl                            tri

3)    willen                          u h

4)    north                          ryle

1).   carr                            union

2).   brown                        w v

3).   ruiz                            wayne

4).   perez                         la rue

1).   lampe                        x

2).   hamilton                    c c

3).   clay                           fr co

4).   polley                        chr c

1).   cooper                       s k

2)    mcllrath                     mont

3).   lampe                        x

4).   jones                         w v

1).   myers                        c c

2).   mont                          u h

3).   french                        x

4).   courtney                    wood

1).   canter                        la rue

2).   jones                         w v

3).   mink                          wayne

4).   meiman                     ryle

1).   chamblee                  s k

2).   pledger                      x

3).   mcdaniel                   moore

4)    carman                     la rue

1)    holsclaw                   j h

2).   preston                     j c

3).   noe                          sou

4).   thompson                 x

1).    myers                      c c

2).    adams                     a b

3).    maine                      ryle

4).    vanover                   whit

hwy

1).    bryant                      tri

2).    troxell                      wayne

3).    young                      laf

4).    couch                      m c

i went with 4,   8 is to much work.

I'll do mine after I see the state bracket lol... With the khsaa you may have all 4 of those kids in each weight class on one side of the bracket.. I remember looking at last years 170 and seeing Jude, Canter, Maulpin, Bauer on one side of the bracket just shook my head..

I'll do mine after I see the state bracket lol... With the khsaa you may have all 4 of those kids in each weight class on one side of the bracket.. I remember looking at last years 170 and seeing Jude, Canter, Maulpin, Bauer on one side of the bracket just shook my head..

Anyone want to talk seeding?!?! Lol!