Sign in to follow this  
True170

Who did Torriente beat at Capital City?

Braden Jones Boone County and Erik Pina Franklin County both of whom are outstanding strong wrestlers and he beat Eddie Kaster in his opening match from Jeffersonville Indiana. Jones bounced back and finished 3rd

New Rankings for Sunday Jan 27th

It's that time again for weekly rankings . Found out most the results of the Dragon and a couple of tournaments that went on Saturday . A few changes in the rankings but can assure you this is one very deep strong class of wrestlers ! Looking forward to the final weekend next weekend of regular season tournaments as I know North Oldham has a nice one with the Mustang Classic as well as a couple others. Congrats to all the teams at the Team state duels today CC, Union County for there great team efforts to take the titles ! Once again I'm no Ranger and any input you give can only help me evaluate the rankings for this outstanding class. The top 2 have separated themselves but as for say 3-16 any of these guys can beat most on any given day. Also Congrats to Braden Jones for winning the Lockland Invitational in Ohio with 20 teams in it. I love when our KY boys go to Ohio and win ! Also a congrats go out to Brennan Boykin for winning the Ft .knox Tourney !

New Rankings for Sunday Jan 27th

1. Larue Co Caleb Canter 12 Over 40 wins and Zero losses
2. Walton Lane Jones 12
3. Mc Cen DJ Parriman 11
4. Ryle Johnny Meiman 9
5. St X Noah Bauer 12
6. Campbell Co Dustin Turner 11
7. Southern Sean Barrett 12
8. Old Co Alex McIntosh 9
9. Wayne Co Casey Mink 11
10. Moore. Sam Wilbanks 12
11. Eastern Brennon Boykin 12
12. Boone Co. Braden Jones 11
13. Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11
14. Trinity Trevor Fultz 12
15. Seneca Marlon Torriente 12
16. Eric Pina Franklin County
17 Male Austin Guerrero 11
18. PRP Jordan Macintosh 12
19. SK Derek Hicks 11
20. Mon Co Zach Roland 11
21. Henry Clay Nathan Ogg 11
22. Woodford County Emir Bernabe 11
23. Paducah Tilghman Ben Redfield 11
24. Un County Kane Morris 10
25. Meade Dylan Knowlton 10 tie
25. N Oldham Collin Portman 9 tie

The following 11 guys along with 10 more will be at the Mustang Classic Saturday morning. Anyone that knows about 170's want to try to seed the top 10 .I've done my predictions and so has sigp let's here yours !

DJ Parriman,Eric Pina,Sam Wilbanks, Marlon Tornelli, Trevor Fultz, Sean Barrett, Brennon Boykin, Braden Jones, Zack Mitchell and Collin Portman, Alex Macintosh those 11 are all at the Mustang Saturday

Jones , Meiman , Turner , Jones , reg 6 next week , Holy Moly , that's tough , have to root for Turner and Jones WV , then Meiman and the other Jones who I do not know , hope they all make the podium at state particularly Turner his points are crucial for a CC W

Feb 2nd 2013 Rankings

Well coming up is the most important week of the high school season for most. A select group will have earned a trip to the Horse Park for the KHSAA for the state tournament. The season is long and grueling and the kids work so hard year around for the chance to compete at such a prestigious event. We as fans appreciate all the hard work you wrestlers go through and coaches for there basically thankless job of teaching as much as they can and working so many hours. There obviously will be changes into my rankings and this is such a solid group as I know on any given day just about any of these guys could beat one another and I know there will be a sleeper who I've missed. As I've tried to tell anyone. These are my rankings that I do for the love of the sport and for the fans that choose to read them. Rangers rankings I would assume will be coming out soon as I know he's been very busy with the middle school guys. Best of luck to all participants this week !

1. Larue Co Caleb Canter 12 Over 40 wins and Zero losses
2. Walton Lane Jones 12
3. Mc Cen DJ Parriman 11
4. Ryle Johnny Meiman 9
5. St X Noah Bauer 12
6. Campbell Co Dustin Turner 11
7. Southern Sean Barrett 12
8. Old Co Alex McIntosh 9
9. Wayne Co Casey Mink 11
10. Moore. Sam Wilbanks 12
11. Eastern Brennon Boykin 12
12. Boone Co. Braden Jones 11
13. Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11
14. Trinity Trevor Fultz 12
15. Seneca Marlon Torriente 12
16. Eric Pina Franklin County
17. SK Derek Hicks 11
18. Male Austin Guerrero 11
19. Mon Co Zach Roland 11
20. Henry Clay Nathan Ogg 11
21. Woodford County Emir Bernabe 11
22. Paducah Tilghman Ben Redfield 11
23. Un County Kane Morris 10
24. Meade Dylan Knowlton 10 tie
25. N Oldham Collin Portman tie
26. Zack Mitchell PRP

There could be a possible change or two as I don't know whose wrestling at 170 for a couple of schools. I don't know if Jimmy Preston is going to wrestle 160 or 170 or if Jordan Macintosh or Zack Mitchell for PRP. We'll know soon enough. There will be a breakdown next week as to all 32 kids who qualify for state and there regions. Best of luck to all ! 

UPDATE...I now know that Jordan Macintosh will be wrestling 170 for PRP and Zack Mitchell will be at 160 ..I would slide Jordan into the number 18 spot and move all others down. Thanks