Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 preseason August 18

Hey Ranger, Singley finished 1st at the BGG beating Likoy at 189lb.

First, there have been a lot of discussions about off season tournaments on this forum and I agree that it is tough to judge based on those matchups.  By no means can they be ignored, because when those guys meet during the season that match will be in the back of their minds.  But Ky kids very seldom show up really ready to wrestle in the off season.

My personal opinion on these two guys is this.  I think Likoy has much more talent and athletic ability.  But I get the feeling that Singley has a much better work ethic.  And what you saw a the bluegrass games was hard work beating ability.  And for now, I think Likoy is a little better when we get to crunch time.

My personal opinion on these two guys is this.  I think Likoy has much more talent and athletic ability.  But I get the feeling that Singley has a much better work ethic.  And what you saw a the bluegrass games was hard work beating ability.  And for now, I think Likoy is a little better when we get to crunch time.

i dont think likoy tottaly kills singly in atheletic ability or talent, i think they'll both go 171 next year,,71 will be tuff next year

I agree.  That's why I said I think Likoy is a little better.  And that can be made up quite easily with heart and hard work.  If Singley is back at 171 I think he is in the top 10.  I already have Likoy down at 171 (when the new rankings come out - maybe tomorrow???).

Guest BigE

back to the lower weights, im going to throw something out there that nobody has said yet but i think its gunna happen. Shane parks is gunna overcome sullivan this year and its gunna be him(not sullivan) in the finals with caleb this year

Hey Ranger, You say Likoy will be at 171 next ranking, and Singley says he is going 171 I think this will be an interesting ranking at 171.  On this ranking how do get Harlow from McCreary Co ranked so high at 171?  He's not showed it in high school yet and I think he will later this year and the next 2 years.  Coming from middle school to high school is a big jump.  Singley has beaten him 2 or 3 times counting last year and the summer.  At Cumberlands private camp Harlow was probably in the high 190's.

Hey Ranger, You say Likoy will be at 171 next ranking, and Singley says he is going 171 I think this will be an interesting ranking at 171.  On this ranking how do get Harlow from McCreary Co ranked so high at 171?  He's not showed it in high school yet and I think he will later this year and the next 2 years.  Coming from middle school to high school is a big jump.  Singley has beaten him 2 or 3 times counting last year and the summer.  At Cumberlands private camp Harlow was probably in the high 190's.

You're right.  Harlow will be lower than Singley.  I think he either makes 171 or rides the pine.

whenever singly gets on the mat this year there will be a suprise to alot of people the kid can do nothing but improve with the likes of dusty brown and cumberland college he will be ready i see him in the top five and if he gets stronger he may make some noise and be the sleeper at 171