Sign in to follow this  
plee

resilite or dollamur

any coaches out there with any opinion on which mat is better?  i was leaning towards purchasing a dollamur mat until yesterday when a coach told me they had to get rid of 4 dollamur mats they had for about 6 years because the surface was coming unattached to the padding.  what do you all think?

My experience with Dollumar mats was not good either.  When you consider that you usually have kids rolling up the mats and moving them for meets/tournaments I don't think they are durable enough.  Our team had to roll up the mats and put them in a closet each day.  Before they were 5 years old there were chunks of the padding missing from bumping against the walls or doors.  I guess you just have to balance the convenience with the durability.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Resilite. Most wrestlers prefer the feeling of the Resilite over a dollamur. I'm not going to repeat what Ranger already said, but he is right about choosing convenience or durability.

Ranger123, the Dollamur is warranted for 5 years, did you try to get your mat fixed?

No, I changed schools before it came to that.  But I will note that this was a small team so the mats were not getting a great deal of use every day.  In fact, some pieces of the mat were seldom used.

thanks for the replies.  i'm going to price compare with resilite for the same size mat and see if the price is comparable.  it may be a moot point, we have about 6500 to work with, i can get a 36x36 dollamur....not sure what size resilite i'll get for that price.