Sign in to follow this  
bigmama

152 at Dayton Holiday

I saw the other thread talking about this got off track and closed so I wanted to continue a civil dicussion about thie weight class at Dayton Holiday.

152 is shaping up to be insane - State champs Kevin Cooper, Stephen Myers and Jordan Marshall, plus multi-time Grade School and JH State Champ Alex Marinelli from Graham, NHSCA runner-up Ben Schram from Bellbrook, plus throw in kids like AJ Kowal who just finished top 12 at Super 32 and LaTrell Davis/Jacob Globke - both state qualifiers from Middletown, plus I'm sure some others not on my radar.

Some of these kids would probably place higher at 160 than at 152 - but you are basically accepting 2nd place to Bo Jordan!

Any chance Cooper or Marshall or Myers (who I believe all certed at 145) drops to 145/47 for this one?

Will any other weights at Dayton Holiday be anywhere near this deep?

CC takes second today at Franklin with only ten scorers Faust Mathews Myers Myers all win and Turner and some other make finals Sparh I think and maybe more strange pool wrestling rules keep Hamilton out of placing PH even though he had only 1 loss at 52 to Davis in a close match . Stephen win the OW with a big win over Ohio state placer and Ohio D1 3rd ranked Jacob Globke a very tight match at first that turned into a showcase of moves , Stephen Danichek Faust Mathews Hamilton Davis Clary Bray and a few other kids including Austin put on a heckuva show at this tournament I saw kids from everywhere talking wrestling and having fun and then turning it on everyone trying to one up the other , I think it cost Davis as he was called for a slam and hurting a kid that was very reasonable in my opinion "hate seeing kids play possum to win " but showboating a bit can cost you at times "

Very tight match between Austin and the Ross 220 Heinkreitet or whatever his name was the kid is ranked top ten in Ohio but I say he places top 3 he's a monster and gave Austin all he could handle great great match with awesome movement from Austin stopping shots and likewise from the Ross kid . 3 to 2 win for ATM who I think now knows is not a big 220 .

Fauz is ready for state right now and Stephen may look rusty at times but against Tough comp he turns it up . He will be more than ready for GMVA at his weight I see it being a three way battle if everyone mentioned is there

Why only 10 scorers, I saw the roster on Baum's and I think it was 138 vacant.

Is someone hurt or not able to fill the weight?

138 vacant PH didn't cert for 45 195 dq so all points forfeited , BS I say and HVY was at Tates Creek Not my buisness but hes a good kid anyone can tell , think we lost by 11 or 14 or something close to that , I'm sure 4 kids that included Keeton and PH at 145 could have scored that for a team and with them in it would have been an even bigger swing .

No big deal everyone saw what was needed and everyone is improving . I can see that everyone is shooting to be a big Gun and I don't expect to hear stuff like I did last yr at state this yr no one is depending on big guns for points and a win there are too many big Guns for that . Four champs and two placers last yr ? ??? Four is hard to do but Six placers would be a disappointment for this team still a possible win but I expect seven on the podium at least .

No bs bragging everyone will see what I mean next weekend at Ryle .

And yeah I know my kids are transfers and not real CC kids whatever I saw Stephen with all the CC kids tonight as well as with all the Ohio friends he had at the tourny I think it was neat as hell they all seemed to get along and everyone respected everyone no matter where they were from the refs coaches and kids all had mad respect for CC and coach B and told me so and they all have mad respect for Stephen and Austin and it showed CC has a GREAT fan base and duiring Stephen and Austin's matches even though they are now from ky they probably had more cheers and people rooting for them than their Ohio opponents , very touching to see Stephen get that from his former state and earn and get the OW and hear Austin get cheers from Ohio guys wrestling a beast of an Ohio wrestler .awesome stuff great tourny and people at and from Franklin , Stephen an Austin won and trained for greco state there glad to see those old coaches show them love .

Marshall falls to Marinelli , a bit of a shocker not because Marinelli isn't good but that they both are and Marinellis a fresh !!!!! Cooper falls to Daily by tech ??? Couldn't hav seen that coming , gmva will be crasy , I'll take Stephen without a doubt . Beat an Oh d1 ranked num 3 by 12 has pinned Or teched everyone else , should walk through the rumble .

2 weeks Marinelli is on fire Iron Man Runnet up . Seeding will be craszy, No Marshall no Troy Christian , kowall , Schramm the NHSCA fresh champ, the Bracket gods will

Play a role for sure , Gmva is insane tough .

Don't forget Latrell Davis from Middletown. I think they are at Dayton Holiday too. Cooper won Coaches Classic, with overtime wins over Kowal in the semis and then Davis in the finals.

Not forgetting them And no disrespect Stephen can major them both . Without Marshall there it becomes a three way battle between Stephen , Cooper , Marinelli .

Saw Davis at Franklin he's very Good but his style will not be effective against another fast if not faster kid with more knowledge , Stephen will be in better shape and faster at 152 ,well 154, he weighed in under 156 this week , CC wrestles Middletown again this week , it is a very possible match thurs ,surprised Cooper went into OT with Kowal who finished fourth losing to Wyatt Wilson .

Austin Sieman beat Wyatt Wilson for 3rd in a 1 or 2 point match. Several 1 and 2 point matches between the 3rd thru 7th place kids at 152. Kevin Cooper had O.T matches with Kowal in the semis and Davis in the finals. Was an awsome tournament. 152 was the deepest weight class i.m.o.. Congratulations Kevin, as well as all of the Kentucky kids that placed. Was awsome to have numerous champions at the Coaches Classic.

Agree that 152 was the toughest and deepest, though 160 was pretty tough too. I was actually surprised that Sieman beat Wilson for 3rd, based on earlier matches. Sieman struggled to beat Logan Jones (10-8) and the Madiera kid (4-2) who Kowal pinned easily. Sieman also got majored by Davis in the semis, while Wilson wrestled a pretty close match with Davis.

Great showing by Cooper and all the Ky teams. I think Simon Kenton was only school with 2 champs!