Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

Dake vs. taylor

What a terrible exhibition match! Would have liked to see both wrestlers open it up a little bit more, esp Dake.

Dake didn't take one shot in regulation.

Mark my word in an NCAA finals, when Taylor is pressuring Dake the entire time, Taylor will get him a stalling call or it will cause Dake to open up and give Taylor a chance to score.

I am going put my money on Taylor at the end of the year!

Whatever works. You're not going to go in gangbusters against Taylor and take a lot of risks. Sounds like he wrestled very disciplined. Taylor is great, I just think Dake is better. If he wins a third, I don't want to hear any excuses. Geez what's the guy got to do? Lol!

What a terrible exhibition match! Would have liked to see both wrestlers open it up a little bit more, esp Dake.

Dake didn't take one shot in regulation.

Mark my word in an NCAA finals, when Taylor is pressuring Dake the entire time, Taylor will get him a stalling call or it will cause Dake to open up and give Taylor a chance to score.

I am going put my money on Taylor at the end of the year!

I agree Dake didn't do much offensively, but I wouldn't count on Taylor winning because of a stalling call. Dake wrestled his type of match where Taylor was much more cautious than he usually is because Dake is such a good counter wrestler. Dake has proven he is just a really bad matchup for DT. DT is used to wrestling all out and getting a lot of points and quite frankly crushing people. Dake is much more comfortable in close matches and this match will be close 10 out of 10 times. Unless of course they wrestle freestyle.

I agree with raidcoach through and through. Dake wrestled his type of match and won it that way. Dake did an interview with flo after the match and he explained all right there why the match was so close and why they didn't really open up and that is because they didn't want to make a mistake and cause themselves to be taken down and lose the match. The matches will always be close between them because when two good wrestlers go against each other they won't open up against each other because of the possbility of being taken down and losing the match by that one TD. I'm interested to see though if the two will meet up at Scuffle this year and will open up more, I would like to see it but I thought the all star match was good between them. On another note, I don't think I've ever seen Taylor get in that deep on a guy and not finish in the 3rd period against Dake. That was great defense on Dake's part and a pretty good scramble.