Sign in to follow this  
mat warrior

best at 171 next year

Guest former_fc_wrestler

Looks pretty good Broke, but who is Matt Baker and Bobby Barkley? :?

Never mind I found them...

Matt Neal is Crazy, I can't rank him in any category except WOW  :-o, If someone is ranking him it is because he is very intense, and, Crazy! He is learning the mix though! Crazy, I'm tellin' ya, Crazy!

It is looking like Matt Baker from North Hardin will wrestle 171, and Mark Jones 189.

There is talk that Mark may even wrestle 215.  Mark is playing football and is bulking up and looks great.

I think Ryan Vaughn will now be in the chase for 171, I heard he will still be partners with Cooper at 160 and has put on that much muscle, he is a head strong kid that does not like to lose. Matt Neal will be up a weight and is still a very scary person to wrestle, he is scary for any wrestler. Has anyone heard about his little brother? Bobbie or Robbie, he was in regionals last year, won several at camp, he is not ranked. I know he beat bates 9-0 there, and bates is ranked. I like the Sullivan Wood match, I think Sully might be growing way too much to stay low down, call his number," hi" voice is starting to change, so is hi shoe size. I think he has to go 119 just to be legal.

If you really know the difference, say it, if not, save it! You have to grow, sometimes you stay small and get bigger later,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  as adults, we are all different!

I think Ryan Vaughn will now be in the chase for 171, I heard he will still be partners with Cooper at 160 and has put on that much muscle, he is a head strong kid that does not like to lose. Matt Neal will be up a weight and is still a very scary person to wrestle, he is scary for any wrestler. Has anyone heard about his little brother? Bobbie or Robbie, he was in regionals last year, won several at camp, he is not ranked. I know he beat bates 9-0 there, and bates is ranked. I like the Sullivan Wood match, I think Sully might be growing way too much to stay low down, call his number," hi" voice is starting to change, so is hi shoe size. I think he has to go 119 just to be legal.

If you really know the difference, say it, if not, save it! You have to grow, sometimes you stay small and get bigger later,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  as adults, we are all different!

What about Haught at 189?  I think that may leave Neal out.  Robbie Vaughn is in the mix, but there is a huge bunch of guys from 11-19 that are all pretty even as I see them.

I dont think Jones or Starks can make 171. Starks wrestled 215 at bluegrass games and Jones was always hard pressed to make weight last year. And in my opinion Rupp would pin Baker or beat him pretty easily

IMHO if either of the two Wolsefer or Cooper move up they are the favorite to win this wt. class.  I truly don't think Jones or Starks could beat either one of them.

Coach Smith does not keep wrestlers from wrestling in the wt class that they win in wrestle-offs for varsity spots.  If Jones is down to 171 and beats Baker in the wrestle off, I'm sure Jones will be allowed to get the spot.  Blast Double, don't count Baker out so quick.  With him bumping up a weight class, not having to cut nearly as much, being stronger, and definitely hungry after the past 2 years ending in surgery, he should have a good year.  He runs 7 miles at a time in cross country without knee problems, so hopefully the knee won't be an issue.  Time will tell. 

Rupp, Cooper, and Woldifier are all class acts.  Should be some exciting matches to watch this year.  Can't wait to see where every one ends up in their wt classes.  Hopefully the KOB will still be scheduled.  Anyone have any update on that matter?

I'm interested to see when Banks and Courtney wrestle to see if the outcome will be any different.  I don't think it will, IMO.

IMHO if either of the two Wolsefer or Cooper move up they are the favorite to win this wt. class.  I truly don't think Jones or Starks could beat either one of them.

I agree jones definately isn't anywhere near the same league as Johnney

I THINK THAT MARK JONES CAN BEAT WOLSEFER

Chances are they are not going to wrestle this year, but I think Jones relies way too much on the lateral. When he comes up against someone who counters that and who can defend his shot (aka Will Starks), then he's toast and becomes a less than average wrestler. I think if they did wrestle, Wolsifer has way too much mat savy for Jones. I will say this though, Jones is the most athletic looking wrestler in Kentucky by far.