Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

InterMat Rankings are out

Im not sure where everyone landed but a freshman state champ at 220 who won freshman nationals and the OW and has not lost a folkstyle match since the sixth grade to the curent number 1 senior in the nation dropped nearly twenty spots in his grade rankings .A freshman state champ at 220 and an Frehman national champ and OW is ranked 28 in the country for incoming sophmores and was ranked top 15 for incoming freshman ?????BS,

I guess its a tougher sport than i thought .you not only have to win on the mat but kiss the right keester to get your due .

The USA rankings are a bit different both are done by Ohio natives but have somewhat different outlooks .

I guess someone who does the rankings from the state where the kid in question won two state titles an ow and a runner up in jr high actually thinks there are 27 wrestlers in the nation who are better in the sophmore class .

Ok enough crybabying ,nice to see him ranked number 1 at 195 but there are two kids ranked ahead of him in class at 220 that USA ranking has ranked behind him whith them all at 220 .

sorry im still crybabying .

28 spot for an incoming sophmore freshman National champ in any class would probably be low without them being an Ow winner and two x jr high Ohio state champ and ow winner and HS state champ along with everything else .

Oh well that makes improving easier ,.

Pretty sure Bucksman does the Intermat High School rankings. There isn't any love for Kentucky wrestlers. No matter who you beat, when you beat them, or what tournament you win.

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure Bucksman does the Intermat High School rankings. There isn't any love for Kentucky wrestlers. No matter who you beat, when you beat them, or what tournament you win.

Agreed. In the big picture, USA Wrestling is the big dog as far as rankings go. So who cares what Intermat says?

Well there has never been any love for the Mpire either , but it has always been fun watching him have to change his rankings .

I know it seems petty but some kids shoot for rankings others could care less just so happens the ky state 220 lb champ shoots for them and he knows when he's getting shortchanged it's sophomore rankings and his were different than the USA version he Definatly had Austin behind a few USA had him ahead of . Stephen was 95 he made the list but it sucks seeing him behind so many he has beaten before and even more he has accomplished more than but I guess a few losse knock a guy down even if they were all out of season to ranked kids that's all understandable ,but 28 for a fresh nat champ and ow his bias destroys his credibility

• Upvote 1