4) Johnson County

5) Inez

Now for the top clubs:

1) Conner

2) John Hardin

3) Union County

4) River City

5) Fern Creek

Lets get some feedback.  Who are your top picks for the upcoming year?

These are very interesting rankings....I heard John Hardin was going to be a school team this year instead of a club?  Anyone know the scoop on this?  Conner lost a lot also...I think Union County is probably the top m.s. club but we shall see.  Trinity is definitely top 5.  They lost a lot...but it shouldn't take too much to be in the hunt for the clubs this year.  The school teams will be a battle...but Larue should win it pretty handily....the real battle will be for 2nd in the school teams (IMHO). 

dscicle, Maybe you know more about the middle school scene that I do , but just wondering about a couple things? Why Conner as the # 1 club team? I thought they lost most all of the kids that placed last year to high school? Also. Trinity isn't in your picks at all. Did they loose that many kids to high school that you don't think they will be in the top five?

#1 Cougar is correct.  Trinity's coach is no longer at the middle school level.  Rumor has it they are no longer a team.

#2 Conner is #1 at clubs right now for the simple reason they have several state placers returning who could make some noise. Also, i got a chance to see some of their younger kids at the Elementary States and they will still be tough this year.

And yes, John Hardin is now a school team. Bluegrass Middle is now their official name.  All the Hardin county schools now have teams.

North now has JT Alton and Radcliff if memory serves

Central has West Hardin

And i guarantee there is some other school i am forgetting.

the hardin county schools are going to have some awesome wrestling programs in the near future!  kudos to them for getting their m.s. wrestling programs approved through the school board!  they will be fun to watch.

Thanks, dscicle...I didn't realize that Trinity had lost so many kids. How about Gray? I see you have them third? How do you feel their chances are to maybe upset LaRue for the team title? From what I saw last year , I kinda expect them to be second in team points, ahead of McCreary

i don't know...

the individual rankings would be a bit biased. 

I will say that Gray lost too much to be a top 2 contender in my opinion. McCreary on the other hand has 4 returning placers, LaRue has all but 1 returning placer (Yes all but 2 of our state qualifiers were 7th grade or lower last year).

LOL....I understand why they may be biased after reading your last post....."all but two of our kids", but I respect that. The only thing I don't like to see on here is mudslinging or downing another program or worse, a kid. OK, if not individual rankings, how about your top five or maybe top three in each weight class at state this year?

I'll give it a try (in no particular order):

75) Fahy (RIVER CITY)

Rushcell (GRAY)

Canter (LARUE)

82) Watson (CON)

Paden (LARUE)

Stout (BOUR)

89) Jones (CON)

Troxell (MCC)

Miller (LARUE)

96) Goodwine (BLUEGRASS)

Brewer (CON)

Kirk (TWEN)

103) Bates (CON)

Alig (GRAY)

Terry (EAST HARDIN)

110) Alexander (N HEND)

Mace (GRAY)

Scalf (OLD)

117) No returning placers that i know of.

124) Rojas (BLUEGRASS)

Coyle (GRAY)

Wisham (MCC)

131) Greigo (MOORE)

Proctor (SOLD)

Duckworth (GRAY)

140) Abner (OLD)

Shinult (EAST/WEST HARDIN)

Hardin (LARUE)

150) Newberry (LARUE)

Lance (OLD)

Evans (WOOD)

165) White (AND)

Jackson (BOUR)

Gardner (BLUEGRASS)

185) None that i know of returning.

230) See above

Most of these are just returning state placers. Also realize that most of these kids will be moving up or down a weight class this upcoming year. I realize that some of these kids may have been 8th graders last year.  Let me know if some of these kids moved on and i will try to change this up a little.

I will comment on the few that I do know a little about....I heard from Matt Watsons football coach that he has a knee injury. He may not be able to wrestle till around January and also he is weighing over 90 lbs, right now,so I am assuming he will go 96. Just a guess. I am pretty sure Ruschell will go 82 lbs. Also it is a safe bet that Troxell will not be at 89 again this year. At 75 will be the younger Fahy(Matt). The older brother (John) will go 82 this year. At 103, I am almost positive that Bates (Conner) moved on to high school. Thanks for the Work you have put into this dscicle...Wish I could give more insight but that is all I know for now.

Trinity's middle school program is alive and well.  We have 15 kids returning from last years team.  We expect to have a roster of 30 to 40 kids.  Could be more.  Returning experienced wrestlers are Conner King - 82 lbs(6th @ 70 last year), Jacob Smith - 89lbs., Brent Hitchings - 96lbs.,  Nick Santini - 103 lbs., John Phillips - 110 lbs., Nick Madrick - 117 lbs, Trey Farris - 124 lbs.,  Chris Beahl - 131 lbs, Brandon Weyhing - 140 lbs., Trevor Ford - 150 lbs.

(Dscicle - Brent Hitchings wouldn't be ranked?  - 2 - time state champ.  Is in the 7th grade.)  King, Smith, Hitchings, Santini, Farris, Weyhing, Ford should all place high.

RYP, You are right about Brent Hitchings. He should probably be ranked # 1 at 96. Only thing is, I am not sure if any placers from that weight class will be back this year or not. Maybe you would like to give your top three in each weight class?

will brent wrestle middle school or high school?? i was under the impression he would be wrestling varsity if he got the spot at 103.

RYP,  you would know more about this that me, but I have been to (dont know if this is accurate or not) the last two times Brent and Myron wrestled head to head, Myron (Bradbury ) had won.

Brent & Myron have wrestled more matches than I can count.  In addition, they are drilling partners.  Earlier this year, Myron beat Brent twice, one time very convincingly.  Last time they wrestled a timed, scored match, Brent came out on top.  Brent and Myron having the opportunity to train together is the best thing that could have happened to either one of them.  It's kinda funny how hard they still compete against each other even though they are teammates and great friends.  They both hate to lose, even to their buddy.  Myron and Brent will have HUGE high school careers mostly due to each other!!!

Having someone to push you  really hard in practice everyday is just as important as any other factor, in determining how good a kid turns out to be..just my own opinion

This post has nothing to do with middle school rankings I wouldn't have a clue(just moved in from Oklahoma).  I have a question about middle school/clubs.  I am guessing club is defining a wrestling team that is not affiliated with their school.  Is this correct?  Do clubs participate in regional and state tournaments with the middle school teams?  If not do the clubs hold their own regional and state tournaments? 

Are there many open youth tournaments in Kentucky and are they all either USA or AAU sanctioned?

Okie: club teams do participate in the Middle School State Tournament. This is a team tournament. There is a "school" as well as "club" trophy handed out. As of right now, it is my understanding that you can compete as unattached. As of now. What area of the state are you moving to? Good luck to your son/sons