Sign in to follow this  
rideemout

Wrestling forum

This is a wrestling forum. Talk about wrestling. Even though the season is over there is still tons of good wrestling going on. Lets focus on this rather than all this private/ vs. Public school education which was originally started to thank ranger for all his hard work

You are partially correct REO.

The topic was changed (as almost always happens), so to continue that line of talk there should be another thread opened up.

However the topic will fit because it's not just a wrestling forum, but a wrestlers forum. What are the opinions of wrestlers on topics related to wrestling and public vs private is related to wrestling. Not as much as other states but it is still a topic related to wreslting.

I agree that the thread took a different turn, however, the public vs private subject does fit this forum. In fact, it is a topic that needs to be addressed in depth. It is exactly what plagues KY wrestling and a few other KY sports, football for example. With 700 views on that thread it obviously is an issue. My problem with it is that there is an elephant in the room and the school that put him there has a fantastic way of making the families that own the room believe that it is not there at all. If we all want change in the way that high school sports conducts business, then it's time we voiced an opinion. The problem is that the incoming freshman families don't know any better and don't want to bite the hand that is petting them (notice I didn't say bite the hand that is feeding them). The second half of the problem is that the parents that are in place at Trinity don't want to disrespect a program that made them feel important even though it is misguided. Third, we need to insist that KHSAA Directors are in place to improve on an eye sore. I have a simple solution that would help all. Here it is......

Any student that wants to attend a private school for academic reasons is certainly welcome to do so. I for one appreciate the prayer and religious studies that are a part of the cirriculum. However, if that student wants to play ANY sports at private school he/she must attend a school for one full school year in that system. For instance, if my daughter is attending public school and wants to attend Assumption to play basketball, she would be required to attend Catholic school at the elementary or middle school or high school level before she plays basketball. This would keep the folks in the green and white jackets off the 8th grade football fields and 7th grade is mostly too young to judge an athlete. If a public school 8th grader wants to attend private school for athletics, that athlete would have to sit out of school sports his or her freshman year. It;'s not a complete fix, but is certainly an improvement over the totally biased lack of rules that are in place now.

I am glad that others agree that this forum does not have to take every thread down that people disagree in. While I understand some threads go to far and must be closed, I hate seeing threads closed or people wanting them closed when a nice debate/argument is going on. Of course not everyone is going to see eye to eye on every subject and I think that the kids and younger adults that get on here need to know that it is perfectly fine for you not to agree or have some one not agree with you. I have strong feelings on many things but if you come at me with a respectful argument you may very well change my mind on certain things. Having everyone agree with everyone or closing a thread when this does not happen teaches nothing.

• Upvote 1