Sign in to follow this  
Broke Back Wrestler

Team Kentucky

Why do we not have a team Kentucky for high school?  I was part of it in middle school and it was alot of fun wrestling the different states and representing my state.  We could duel teams that are very close such as Indiana, Ohio, or Tennessee.  Obviously I think we'd get it handed to us against Ohio, and maybe Indiana but I think over time it would benefit our state a great deal if we took part in something like this.  Many states duel one another and it wouldn't be that hard to organize it.  We could take the highest state placer that is willing to go and do it that way, I think we could field a fairly respectable team if we had most of our state champions agree to doing something like this.  What do you guys think about this idea?

I thought we already did this.  I believe the try outs were at Cumberland Collage.  I'm not 100% sure on this but I think it had soemthing to do with USA wrestling. 

Maybe ksmith can help out here.

I thought we already did this.  I believe the try outs were at Cumberland Collage.   I'm not 100% sure on this but I think it had soemthing to do with USA wrestling. 

Maybe ksmith can help out here.

Right now KY USA wrestling helps sponsor Team Kentucky (middle School) along with members of KMSWA and cadet/ Junior Nationals at Fargo.(all USAW events) We have been discussing the possibility of making an allstar team made up of the best we have to offer (Team Kentucky) Cadet/ Junior's to compete at regional and national team duals. Our numbers are growing with KY USAW, But membership means more money, and more money means more oppurtunities for our wrestlers.

KY USA Wrestling is a Non Profit Organization and all donations are Tax deductable. So if you know of wrestling frendly businesses or wrestling alumni that would like to support Kentucky Wrestling. Please give them information about what we are doing. At the least help sponsor a team for regional and national events.

thereis a team from kentucky that goes to the junior olympics every year and they do well but ohio is a step a ahead with a few others and nationally compiting is nothing but good for kentucky wrestling iot builds charecter for wrestlers  who dont like to be beat and makes them want to take antoher step to make themselfs better