ukmike22000

Youth regionals weigh-ins

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I heard tonight from the parent of another team that youth regional weigh-ins will be held Saturday, February 4th----the same day as the Middle School State Tournament. Is this true? We live in NKY and have heard that Campbell Co. is hosting the regional---so if any Camp Co. folks have this info your reply is much appreciated.

If the info I heard was correct I'll go ahead and pose my next question-----will any provisions be made for the kids who will be at the MS State tourney to weigh in at a different time? My son did not qualify for MS state but is going down to support his teammates who did.

Thanks!

Actually, they changed the NKY satelite weigh-in from Friday, Feb 3rd to Wednesday, Feb 1st at New Haven Elementary School 6:00 pm - 8:00pm. At least that is the last that I've heard.

Trigg is hosting the west region tournament on feb 4th, not sure as to when remote weighins are going to be for this region. The other regions are having their tournaments the following weekend.

What is the rule for youth wrestlers that qualify for MS State? Is it mandatory for them to wrestle in youth regional’s to qualify for youth state? Since my son wrestlers for a MS team, but still has this last year for youth, if he doesn’t have to wrestle two days in a row, I’d like to avoid it. Does anyone know the rule or who needs to be asked?

In the past, if a Middle School wrestler made it to State for Middle School they didn't have to go to the Youth Regionals in order to be allowed to wrestle Youth State; however I've not heard whether they were making those same allowances for this year...so that's a great question! :D

From the email I got last night, the west region is the only one that has the tournament on the same day as the middle school state tournament. They will be excused from participating in a youth regional. All other region tournaments were the following week.

As mentioned, the NKY Youth Regional tournament is being hosted by Walton Verona on Feb. 12th. The weigh ins will be on Wednesday Feb. 1st, from 6-8 at New Haven Elementary. The weigh in date and time was moved to accommodate the Middle School wrestlers.

Also, Middle School Wrestlers do not have to attend a Youth Regional if there is a conflict, however they do have to attend a weigh in.

Do we know the age groups wrestling in each session? Will it be the same as last year with oldest/youngest groups first, then the two middle age groups with the last session?