Sign in to follow this  
BigCoach

Iowa v Okie State

Yea, I know this is NOT the college forum, BUT, one of the greatest duals of all-time in college wrestling took place last night and wanted all to know you have the chance to Tivo it or tape it tomorrow night.

Last night, #1 Iowa took on #2 Oklahoma State at Carver Hawkeye arena. It was sold out, 15,400 rabid fans watching the dual and the atmosphere was undescribable.

It was not live anywhere last night, but Flowrestling was blogging it. Flowrestling has highlights of the dual as well and you can take in the atmosphere and what happened from the highlights.

Iowa had a 84 match win streak, which tied OKlahoma State's record for college wrestling. Last night, in front of a packed house, the dual ended in a tie and came down to the third criteria for tie breakers and Okie State beat Iowa ending the streak.

The hatred of these two teams and their fans is something you can't imagine unless you watch this dual. It is like Campbell County V Ryle; LaRue V Woodford (the old days); St. X V Trinity, all rolled up into one and then you have to add even more rivalry feelings to it to get anywhere close.

They are reshowing the dual in its entirety tomorow night at 8:30 on the Big Ten network. Yea I know, I along with most of the rest of the country will be cheering Alabama on to victory (Roll Tide) but you can Tivo it or tape it or whatever and watch and enjoy.

Trust me on this, this is one college dual you will WANT to WATCH!!

My dad and I are both rabid Oklahoma State fans. We got to watch the dual live through hawkeyesports because the radio feed wasn't working for Oklahoma State. It was one of the greatest duals I have seen in my life with potential all-americans at every single match up. Tons of storylines including a massive upset that broke my heart (no spoilers). Flo will post the matches as soon as the Big 10 shows the dual, it all stems from broadcasting rights issues that have hurt Flo in the past.

yea I watched it the Bigten Network. It was a great dual. The match was decided by the last 2 weight classes were 1 of the 4 were ranked, and he lost (Iowa).