Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

The Middle School List - January 2012

The fact that he's wrestling High School has been established. Does anyone know if the coach will allow him to compete for his Middle School?

Didn't Wiley Break his hand, and won't he be out for Districts? How does that change 98?

Looks like there is a possibility Derek may get cleared to wrestle for Districts. Evidently this happened about a month ago.

The hand is broke and has been broke since early December. They will see their doctor on Friday to see if it will need to be recast. Regardless Wiley will still wrestle come districts, but I expect him to get far enough to advance then forfiet on out. Survive and Advance will be the name of the game the next three weeks. Hopefully by the time state rolls around he will be all good to go.

• Upvote 1

The hand is broke and has been broke since early December. They will see their doctor on Friday to see if it will need to be recast. Regardless Wiley will still wrestle come districts, but I expect him to get far enough to advance then forfiet on out. Survive and Advance will be the name of the game the next three weeks. Hopefully by the time state rolls around he will be all good to go.

I hope he can get back by Districts! He is such a good kid and a great wrestler as well.

It's getting close to district time now, what news is there about any of these guys dropping a class or staying where Ranger has them listed? It has been awful quiet on here the past few days!

Couple surprising changes in District 6.

70- Shay Horton dropped down from 75 to 70 instantly making him a contender to be on the podium at state and makes this districts weight class very tough.

98- Mikey Meyers drops from 105 to 98 making him and Oxford argueably the two best at this weight class.

105- Wiley moves up from 98 to 105 giving the district two of the top kids in the state.

105- Grant Farwick drops down from 113 where he was a contender to 105 giving him a great chance to make the podium at state.

113- Jarod Deason and Sloan McMillan both drop from 121 where they have been very competitive all year. Definently makes this weight class in districts one of the most competitive.

140- Casey Cornett drops from 152 where he was a top contender to 140 making him one of the favorites at this weight class now.

Thats a few noticeable changes from our districts seed meeting.

I heard that Brady Wells dropped to 80. Ryan Moore dropped to 75, and Tanner Yenter dropped to 70. If this is true, this has major impact on the all weight classes affected. Ranger can you confirm this??

I saw Mike Meyers last night at Scott HS for Duals where he wrestled 106. I agree if he drops to 98, he will be contender. However, he looked Big for 106 much less 98. Are you saying he has indeed dropped to 98 and has had matches at that weight? If so, he'll be huge for the weight class.

I think that Derek moving to 105 is a mistake. I think that he is too small for the weight class. I'm a big fan, but if he wants to win a third, I think dropping down would be in his best interest.

I dont know if Meyers has wrestled at 98 or not but thats where he was seeded at last night.

I agree Derek is small for the weight class, but I always have felt he has been small for the weight classes, even last year when he wrestling 82. Maybe its just my perception, or my eyes being bad. Either way, the move was more for his future and competition rather than just winning a third title. 105 is going to be the second most competitive weight class in the state behind 86, and although Derek could easily make 98 they dont want to do any cutting at all and focus on him getting bigger for high school competition next year. Plus I was really looking forward to seeing Derek wrestle Meyers, and Logan in the same day. With those three in the same weight class at districts, region, and state; I thought they could go 1,2,3 at each level. Guess we will never know.

HardWork, I respect your opinions and I'm not trying to debate. I just can't wrap my brain around not cutting him down. I saw and spoke to him last night and there's no way he's even 105 much less 107. The line of thinking that cutting him down for 1 month will impact his growth for next year doesn't make since. It's not a huge cut by any stretch. Probably a matter of getting rid of the junk for a couple days would do it. It would have no impact on his growth for next year. Heck...I put 20 plus pounds of muscle on my kid in the off season. Not a big deal. AJ still hasn't decided where he is going. Derek, AJ, Mikey and Oxford would make a nice bracket as well. Would love to see a rematch with AJ. They split last year. But... that's just me being selfish:)

What about little Emerson from Oldham? Ranger has him ranked high at 106 in the high school rankings. Is he going to 105 for middle school? What a bracket at 105 with Erdman, Wiley, Barton, Blanton, Holt and the others Ranger has listed. Not to mention Emerson if he drops. Can't wait!!!

If those boys drop, 105 pounds at middle school could be tougher than the high school tournament! Talk about a loaded field.

Ranger- I figured Brady would drop, I heard he was close to 80 all season. Just surprised that Yenter dropped and same with Moore both looked like favorites or contenders at their previous weight class.

Ranger- I figured Brady would drop, I heard he was close to 80 all season. Just surprised that Yenter dropped and same with Moore both looked like favorites or contenders at their previous weight class.

Wells weighed in under 83 nearly all season. Moore has been less than 79 all year. Yenter made 75 easily every week after a daily big mac. So the weight wasn't an issue. The drop down allows one of the team's stronger backup wrestlers, McGrath to get into the lineup as a point scorer as well as these boys not give up weight in the post season. Plus, all it takes is one of these guys to drop and then there are 2 studs in the same weight class from the same team. Been there done that too much already.