Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Derby City Classic Final Brackets and Team Scores

Best match I seen all day had to be the sudden death match with Caleb Austin of Christian co and angel vasquez of lafayette. I know Austin is a freshman and think vasquez is an 8th grader. Looks like two kids to watch for a long time

Milford only scored on Killebrew from reversing him when Killebrew threw legs in(which he rarely does to begin with), Killebrew had taken him down fairly easily before hand. Then the 2nd period comes and Killebrew takes Milford down and pins him w/ a deep half. Sound like a brawl to me??? Not taking anything way from Milford.

Thts your opinion. Which u absolutely have a rite to have.

I define brawl as any match where the 2 kids are giving it their all on every single point n that was obviously the case. The fact that killiebrew was better doesnt mean it wasn't a hard fought match. I'm sure JJ wudnt say it was easy. Anyways.....

I'm sure Killebrew would tell you that he didnt wrestle to his full potential. Granted this was his first tournament of the season. Like i said before not taking anything away from Milford, but i just dont see that match being defined as a brawl but yes you are granted your opinion as well. Btw, when did Milford seem to have control of the match???

Never said he ever had control of the match. But Killebrew did get high with the legs in and Milford did counter that and almost put Killebrew on his back. Wrestling is a sport of inches. A quicker reaction time and Killebrew ends up stuck.

Killebrew is the better wrestler in my book but anybody can beat anybody on any given day with one single mistake. He almost made that mistake.

Anyways it's obvious that you are either a) Killebrew himself or B) someone associated with him because u keep going back n forth with me as if I said he sucked or he lucked out on a win.

What is it that I am posting that you just have to find fault with?

Brad was sick all week.....in fact he was feeling rough all day. As I recall it was 4-4 when Brad got pinned. Seemed like a battle to me....both were going after it. Cannot wait to see a rematch when Brad is feeling better. Killebrew capatilized on Milford's mistakes. Next time around I think it may be closer. Might even go the other way.

Brad was sick all week.....in fact he was feeling rough all day. As I recall it was 4-4 when Brad got pinned. Seemed like a battle to me....both were going after it. Cannot wait to see a rematch when Brad is feeling better. Killebrew capatilized on Milford's mistakes. Next time around I think it may be closer. Might even go the other way.

actually yes the score was 4-4 until Killebrew took him down making it 6-4 then put a half on hil and got his 3back points 9-4 PIN! Yes There were a few mistakes here and there and like Pin2Win said he doesn't throw in legs often but he did and got put on his back things happen and obviously that didn't matter the fact remains Killebrew won and that's how it's just going to have to stay until a rematch.

all of you are wrong. the score was 5-6 when milford got pinned. milford having 5. if milford wouldnt have gotten pinned in the second yes it would have been 5-11 witch is hard to make up. even if it was 4-4 of 4-9, you have to have control to score points. so saying milford had no control is a little far fetched. milford had also gotten 2 nearfall... that puts killebrew and milford both on there back in the match. the difference is milford got pinned. due to a mistake. it could have easily been the other way around in the first period. this is a match that could go either way due killebrews intensity and milfords counter wrestling. good job to both of them.

• Upvote 1