Sign in to follow this  
bluegrassbrawler

Best match ever?

the 2002 finals match with Mark Shaver (SOld) wasn't the best match but it was a pretty exciting. Metzker v Cooper was the best though.

Shaver was up by 7 in the 3rd period. Hagedorn came back to force OT and got the TD. One of my friends said Hags had one of tightest cradles he'd ever seen in that match.

Shaver v Hagedorn was a good match, however those of us who saw that match saw Shaver gas a bit with Hagedorn the aggressor in the third period. The Metzker v. Cooper match had two quality wrestlers both going full tilt until the final horn went off. Had the match gone another minute there might have been another 6 points scored and possibly a different outcome...or not. My point is that both guys were still moving well and both were still agressive until the final buzzer went off. That was not the case in the Shaver-Hagedorn match. The Metzker v Cooper match gets my vote.

Last years 130 final (Carr vs Terry ) was nice...

Carr / Tinsley 1996.. Not the state title match^^^ you already know tha one im talkin bout!!

Yup - the championship match of the Hopkinsville tournament between these two...I know the one you are talkin' about.

I think it was 2000 when Smith wrestled Knable in the semis. Stalling call to allow Knable to have a chance at being a 4x champ. Before all of the hoopla after the call, the match was awesome great takedowns and and scrambles, before scramblng became the norm.

Ohlmann Vs Shotwell 2009 i think in the semi finals

Match ended when Shotwell got in on Ohlmann , Ohlmann went to a seated postion and then did a wicked switch and pinned shotwell