Sign in to follow this  
Kylegoldy

North Oldham Elementary and JV Middle School Holiday Tournament

North Oldham is hosting a Holiday Wrestling Tournament for all Elementary and JV Middle School Wrestlers(1st through 8th grade) on Friday December 30th at North Oldham High School in the new gym. (we are also hosting a middle school varsity tournament the day before on Thursday Decemeber 29th, which is already full).

The format will be the same as for elementary state: 2 sessions, 8-man brackets, 4-man or less brackets round robin, weight classes created using 10% rule, all USA certified refs. We will have 4 mats divided into halves so we will have 8 wrestling surfaces.

The biggest difference is that we are allowing all JV (non starters for your middle school team) 7th and 8th grade wrestlers to compete in this tournament. (also, all first year wrestlers are eligible to participate regardless if you are a starter for your middle school team or not). We are doing this to provide more mat opportunities for all JV and first year wrestlers to help them develop.

All 6th graders and below are eligible to participate, regardless if you are a middle school starter or not.

Session 1: check in no later than 9:30am, wrestling from 10:00am-1:00pm

age divisions: 1st and 2nd graders / 3rd and 4th graders

Session 2: check in no later than 1:00pm, wrestling from 1:30pm-5:30pm

age divisions: 5th and 6th graders (middle school varsity accepted) / 7th and 8th graders (no middle school starters unless 1st year wrestler)

Please contact me directly at kylejgoldsmith@gmail.com to register your team. Space is limited so reserve your teams' spot now before we fill up. We had over 300 kids for this tournament last year and expect many more with the added age division (7th and 8th graders).

All entries must be received no later than Tuesday December 27th at 9:00pm. (weigh-ins at your school on Monday December 26th or Monday December 27th). All entries must be submitted in the excel form that I will email to you. I will NOT accept entries after Tuesday December 27th.

Cost is $10 per wrestler. (Gate admission will be $4 per adult spectator to help pay for certified refs) All wrestlers must have a USA Wrestling card and a coach present with a USA Wrestling Coach's Card to participate.

Is the tournament on the 29th still full of can you fit another team in? I am with five star wrestling club with Lafayette high school in lexington. We have been trying to find out how to get in touch with you all about this tournament. We have ten wrestlers who need matches. My name is Randall Young. Our head coach is William Green. Please let me know something as soon a possible. My email is Randall.young@lpl.com .

Thanks to Kyle and everyone who put on a great youth tournament. Our kids and parents really enjoyed the face offs. We look forward to coming back next year.