Sign in to follow this  
Unicorn Warrior

Prayers needed for Brad Stafford

Former 2x state runner up Sheldon Clark wrestling standout Brad Stafford has been hospitalized after falling from a truck while at work. He is in critical condition with severe head trauma. His chances have improved from yesterday, but he still has a long way to go. He and his family could really use your prayers right now.

Brad passed away Friday... A terrible loss for the Stafford family and friends. I knew Brad personally and he was a great young man and had a positive impact on everyone around him.

My prayers go out to all that knew him.

That is terrible news. Brad was the last person to beat Timothy McKenney before he passed away two years ago. They wrestled in the semifinals when Tim was a sophomore. Prayers go out to his family and the SC community from Union County.

I wrestled against Brad in the state tournament once and from that moment on he was nothing but a friend to me. Whenever he saw me, he never hesitated to come up and shake my hand and ask how I was doing. Even after a year, having not seen each other, he immediately recognized me when I wished him luck before his second state final's match (which was the last time I ever saw him). He was a brave and honest kid and I wished him nothing but the best in life and I am now shocked to hear this news of his passing. My heart goes out to his family and former teammates and coaches. I myself have lost many in my wrestling family, and it is something that no one takes lightly. May the powers above have mercy and lead those close to him through this trying time. To his family: I thank you for giving the world a courageous and trustworthy son, if only for a moment, for that moment he was here changed many and touched many more. I know, for I am one. Thank you and God bless.