Sign in to follow this  
Eaglewrestler16

team that my not live up to expection this year.

Lets go with a team that always seems to underachieve at state every year, larue county. They seem to be all about state duals and end up a no show at the real state tournament. If im not mistaken, woodford did significantly well last year or the year before even though they werent supposed to be "all that good." Kind of weird talking about woodford over achieving. They are at the top of the pedestal when it comes to KY wrestling.

I didn't build any team up I did not do the rankings!!I'm sure the second yr team lives up to much more this year than anyone expected at the end of last ,a trip to state and a some Placers one a fresh for starters ,not a bad beginning for a team .almost forgot its first state champ.haha

Grant county has been getting a lot of love on this forum. Unfortunately it is all coming from one person. MR NKY3x, easily the most obnoxious person to "grace" this site's threads with comma splices, misspelled words, and other grammatical atrocities. SIr, I want to ask you to please do one thing. If you are going to annoy, bother, and bug us with your haughty posts, please, please make your posts readable. I do hope your boys live up to the expectations you have shoved down our throats, and i hope they don't grow to resent you.

• Upvote 1

You have 1 post and a lot of requests and knocks in it so you obviously have an agenda worry about people resenting you for your bashing and as a trainer / coach I am always resented ,I crack the whip push people to be their best and take up for them I state only facts and don't worry there will be two kids from grant cty on the podium at state who do more than live up to expectations .

LaRue County at State

Year: Place

2011: 4

2010: 5

2009: 7

2008: 10

2007: 5

2006: 3

2005: T-2

2004: 6

2003: 9

2002: 5

2001: 2

2000: 3

1999: 4

1998: 9

- 14 straight top-10 finishes going back to 1998 (KHSAA doesn't have previous years)

- 8 top-5 finishes in last 14 years

- 3-A football school (easily smaller than X, Trinity, Woodford, South Oldham, Campbell Co., Eastern)

If that's not showing up, then 70+ percent -- actually, more likely an even greater percentage -- of wrestling programs in this state aren't showing up.

How many times in the past few years has Larue been picked to win state and end up having a few wrestlers choke? Overrated when it comes to padding win-loss records in that region. Larue used to go to Mater Dei but dropped out. I'd like to see them compete in it still. It's no surprise they peak early, a la state duals where they usually win but struggle at a few key positions at the real state tournament. Not trying to say they aren't a good team. Year end they are consistent, and year end it seems they underachieve when it comes to their rankings. Just my opinion, and everyone has one.