TeamJesus316

Tournament Questions

Hello,

I am the new coach at Oneida Baptist Institute and was looking for information on what tournaments one would suggest for my team in this upcoming season. They have not had a team in like 5 years so I am really looking for what would be lower and mid level varsity tournaments and what JV tournaments (if any) there are. Any help is appreciated.

Lewis Mendez

First of all congrats on the new coaching job.

I would suggest visiting out of state competition at least a couple tournaments during the year to get more experience. The lexington tournemnts seem to have alot of the same teams most of the time but are also very good to see where you are holding your ground in Kentucky.

Guest cmccoy

I disagree with you mathound. The Five Star Classic has good mix of competition from teams all over the state and in the past has had teams from AL, WV, OH, IN, and TN. THe Tates Creek Inv. also has worked hard to get other teams involved.

i rember onieda baptist they had some brutes when they had a team alot of athletic guys and big strong upper wieghts you should try to get them the best competion you can so they will be ready come time for state like the WCI, the dragon , the five star, adn most of the wayne county tournaments bring in some good competion woodford and alot of top notch tennesse teams i would also try to send the hole team to a camp like cumberland or cambellsiville

Coach, welcome to the State of Ky. Letcher County Central just started a program this past year. They are in your region and not to far from Oneida. They are hosting an open Tourn this weekend the 13th. Get a hold of Coach Frohnapfel to try to wrestle them next year.

school 606-633-9617

cell 606-634-7455

Congratulations on the position and welcome to the Ky wrestling family.

Wayne Co has a good Dual event in the end of Dec/beginning of January each year. They have some teams from Tenn and a variety of teams from Ky. The meet matches some very good teams with some smaller teams and gets the new and smaller schools an opportunity to get some experience. Contact Danny Upchurch at Wayne Co. for more information.

Some of the JV tournaments this past year were:

Trinity (beginning of Dec)

Seneca (Mid December)

South Oldham (Mid December)

Jeffersonville, IN (Mid January)

Fern Creek (beginning of Feb)