Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

NKU Wrestling

An article in the Cincinnati Enquirer today explained how Northern Kentucky University was delaying their decision to advance from DII to DI.  The article explained the pressures on the school's budget along with the State's budget problems had delayed this decision but that it was still the right decision and one they would continue to pursue.

The article also explained how the University would need to add a Men's sport when they go to DI.

This sounds like a great opportunity for the wrestling community of Kentucky to pursue NKU to add Men's Wrestling as the additional Men's sport needed when the decide to go DI.

A DI Mens Wrestling program is badly needed in the state to further the develop of the sport in Kentucky. It is also more importantily needed to be able to offer in state young men opportunity to pursue higher education while participating in their sport and utilizing their athletic skills to augment their education. 

The contact information for the NKU Athletic Director is:

Scott Eaton

133 The Bank of Kentucky Center

500 Nunn Drive

Highland Heights, KY 41099

Department Phone: (859) 572-5193

Bank of Kentucky Center Fax: (859) 572-6089

E-mail:  eatons@nku.edu

I think it is a great idea to give NKU a little input that there is support for wrestling in the area.

Thanks for posting the contact information.

I believe this is a relatively new Athletic Director at NKU. The timing couldnt be better for a concentrated effort from the Wrestling community to show the state's support and need for a state sponsored D1 Wrestling program.

Could the states USAW officers petition USAW National to petition for this program?

A grass roots and national campaign could go a long way.

I have spoken with Scott Eaton on many occasions regarding wrestling.  Especially since they are preparing to go DI.  It will actually make it harder to start wrestling at DI.  Title IX is the crusher without question.  The female enrollment is about 55% and they are not even close to that in female athletics.  Sorry, but that is the law of the land.

That is the nuts and bolts, for more info PM me and I will share our lengthy emails on the topic.  With that being said, it will not hurt for the wrestling community to continue to express interest in starting up, it will at least stick into the back of his mind.