Mathound

What wrestlers are doing MMA/UFC?

I have heard of alot of wrestlers starting to compete in MMA/UFC fighting. Most of them that I have talked to like it just as much as wrestling. I think wrestlers have a huge advantage whenever it comes down to fighting on the ground just because of their natural ability to grappel.

What do you guys think? Do you know anyone that is fighting in MMA?

Dan "The Beast" Severn. Enough said.

You will get smashed in UFC if you don't have the ability to wrestle at least a little bit. A wrestler would take some who is a striker only down, and all the power punches in the world are negated if one shoots at their legs in response and they can't counter it well. Even if you take a couple blows to the back you can probably carry the takedown through. You're in too close in that case to take any serious headshots from a fist.

Although a possible knee to the face would suck.

You have 3 wrestlers from sheldon clark doing mma

josh stepp, derrick mollett, andy chaffin

all have done well- the wrestling skills plays major part in fighting

I Know that Bryan Wasson and Bobby Barkley from Harrison Co. are involved in MMA. It is true that wrestling is important in MMA, wrestling leads to grappling and grappling leads to Ju-Jit-Su. In most cases though you see wrestlers that are either shy strikers or arent comfortable holding someone in guard, which just goes to show you in order to make the step to MMA you truely have to be very well rounded and willing to learn. :D

not sure' date=' but i think steven thompson from prestonsburg is fighting now[/quote']

Steven did fight in one, but unsure why he has not been in any lately :?: