Sign in to follow this  
exhawk

Virginia beach (2010 NHSCA NATIONALS)

Ok guys, its that time of year again, state is over but there is still wrestling to do. Kentucky wrestling has done nothing but improve every year, I encourage all state placers (and anyone else) to compete at the NHSCA championships in Virginia beach. Its such a great experience and a time for everyone in Kentucky to get to know each other and compete under the same banner. Year after year we have produced All Americans and last year our first national champion (Caleb Ervin). We could have our best showing ever if all of our talent makes the trip. If you don't have a way to get there, get in contact with another team in your area that goes. If you want to compete, there is a way make it happen. These are teams that usually take wrestlers to Virginia beach: Seneca, Trinity, Ryle, Union, Henry Clay, Wayne, Woodford, John Hardin, Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, North Hardin, I'm sure I've forgetten a few. Here are the links to the registration pages, registration is open to any freshman, Sophomore, or junior. Seniors must have placed 1-4th at state at some point during their careers. Seniors! please please come out and wrestle, even if you aren't planning on college wrestling, this is one of the best recruiting events around.

Freshman:

http://www.nhscaevents.com/event.cfm?id=30

Sophomores:

http://www.nhscaevents.com/event.cfm?id=32

Juniors:

http://www.nhscaevents.com/event.cfm?id=33

Seniors:

http://www.nhscaevents.com/event.cfm?id=35

Elementary and middle School:(I'm talking to you Brock Ervin and Mark Hall!)

http://www.nhscaevents.com/event.cfm?id=34

I'd like to see more Louisville area wrestlers compete this year in all age divisions.

Training will be taking place at Walton Verona HS in NKY.  Sounds like it will be a decent group of kids that have verbally comitted to coming up.  M/W 6-8 and 2 sessions on Saturday  9-11, 1-3. $10/session. 

If you are interested let me know.  Housing opportunities will be available. 

i would love to go virginia beach, what are the weight classes? i have heard that 103 will be 106

yes, it is 106, and i believe it is just one day weigh ins. Seniors get to weigh in once they night before competition!

ridge44: seneca will be training for virginia beach, casa de valle will be a great training partner for you, he is going 106 at juniors. Personal message me for more info, I will help you get into contact with coach reed of seneca.

Is Trinity going to run a nationals training group like they did last year???

yes, it is 106, and i believe it is just one day weigh ins. Seniors get to weigh in once they night before competition!

ridge44: seneca will be training for virginia beach, casa de valle will be a great training partner for you, he is going 106 at juniors. Personal message me for more info, I will help you get into contact with coach reed of seneca.

Is Trinity going to run a nationals training group like they did last year???

im pretty sure trinity will be doing it again. alot of good wrestlers go up there

Seneca will also be doing nationals training and encourage anyone to come work out. Hopefully we will coordinate it so that our training days do not conflict with Trinity's, this way Louisville wrestlers can get a work out almost any day of the week.

Hey guys, do me a big favor and post on this thread as much as possible. I want it to stay at the top of the list so people continue to see it. The more people who read it, the more kids find out about nationals. Thanks

ST.X will also be having open mats for nationals training also there are the flo-nationals march 26,27,28 in akron ohio. I will post the schedule when it is decided upon

Great to hear workhard. We need to start utilizing kywrestling as a tool to get our wrestlers out to the big tournaments. That's the only way we're going to get competitive with the tougher states.

Phone: 859 393 1037 E-mail: barnesy@fuse.net

Walton Verona High School

30 School Road

Walton, KY 41094

Format::Intense Drilling, live wrestling, situations and conditioning. This camp is designed for those reach the pinnacle of high school wrestling. Some technique and drills may be added for the younger ages groups.

Private Sessions available for $60/hour up to 4. ($30 each for 2, $15each for 4)

*Sessions may be split by age groups depending on the number of applications.

*You do not have to attend nationals to come to camp or a be member of the Bearcat Wrestling Club

Must have current USA wrestling card

Cost and Dates:

Option 1: Pay at the Door $10/session, $20/Saturdays

Option 2: Monday /Wednesday 6-8pm 8 Sessions for $80

Option 3: Saturdays 2 sessions 9a.m. and 1p.m. 8 sessions $80

Option 4: All Sessions for $150.00

Feb. 27. March 1,3,6,8,10,13,15,17,20,22,24

Director and Clinician: Dave Barnes

Dave is currently the Head Coach at 1st year program Walton Verona HS. Last season he lifted the Cooper HS program off the ground in it

Hey guys, do me a big favor and post on this thread as much as possible. I want it to stay at the top of the list so people continue to see it. The more people who read it, the more kids find out about nationals. Thanks

Region 4!! We got to stick together right?

The guys from Seneca will all be car pooling down. If there are kids who show up regularly and train with us, we will do our best to get you there. Its great to see so much interest in this tourney. I'm predicting the KY boys show up big time this year! Good luck to all.

If you guys are having trouble with hotel reservations, be aware that the convention center is within walking distance of any hotel along the strip. There are dozens of hotels along Atlantic blvd and many are cheaper than the hotels listed on the NHSCA site. You can get a good deal if you look.

The Goldsmith Wrestling Club (located at Seneca High School) has just had it's club membership renewed. The club will be ready to go Monday March 1st. As of right now open mat will be 6:00-8:00 Mon/Wed, unless notified otherwise. These times frames will be dedicated towards those preparing for Virginia Beach; I encourage anyone in the Louisville area and those outlying to attend the club so that we can represent Kentucky Wrestling effectively in late March. In order to participate you must have a USA wrestling card, which can be purchased online at www.usawrestling.org for around $30. We have tremendous talent in this state so lets prepare like we never have before in the past. Yes State is over, but for those of you planning to go your season hasn't ended. If you are an underclassmen you will NEVER get a more rewarding opportunity than to go to Virginia Beach. Good luck with training the next couple of weeks.

Looks like there will be a solid # of kids going to nationals.  Training for Saturday looks good as well, solid room committed so far, including a few State CHamps and several SQ's and placers.

There will be several coaches from Kentucky at the tournament. Nothing is formalized, but if you need a someone in your corner, there is no shortage of coaches willing to help.

Great room tonight!  I think the room will continue to grow.  You do not have to go to Nationals to attend but most are.  For info, check previous posts or PM me.

Coach Barnes